A good book

• Thread starter Thread starter joshr100
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 861

joshr100

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right place but oh well, I am going on holiday in just under 3 weeks and would like to get a book to take with me to read around the pool and beach. Just wondered if anyone would reccommend a good sporting autobiography? Preferably a football one? Any ideas?

Just read a few reviews of that book and everyone has talked highly about it. Cheers for that mate.

Psycho: The Autobiograpy

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Inverting the pyramid is the footballing book to read imo

Hattons autobiography is really good, thats worth a read.

Bobby Rosbon's Farewell But Not Goodbye is a must read. Really fascinating, and no sensationalism from the man-as you'd expect. Riveting read.

Marcus Threscothick's (sp) is V.Good but don't know if you're thinking of cricket

EDIT: Stan Bowles: The autobiography is awesome too :D

Last edited:
I haven't read it myself but I've seen the film but books are usually better so "The Damned United" would probably be quite good. :)

EDIT: That's not an autobiography, is it? Sorry. :(

I can't lie..

Steven Gerrard's Autobiography is very good. So is Rio Ferdinand's and Roy Keane's.

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol
Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I agree with Mike. If you want a football book, it has to be Inverting the Pyramid.

Behind the Curtain: Travels in Football in Eastern Europe - Jonathan Wilson.

Cheers for all these ideas il give them a look later and decide which ones I am going to get.

Football: Soccernnomics (not an autobiography though)

In general: pretty much anything by Milan Kundera

Back