iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
*With FM14 just a few weeks away, and the beta hopefully coming out on Thursday, I am going to start my new story for FM14*

two-440.jpg

As I sat in front of my PC, I couldnt help by this that Football Manager 2014 is just weeks away from being released. I knew that once it comes out, my already barely existing life will be over. I would be off "sick" from work for weeks, my desk would be surrounded by energy drinks and crisp packets and I would be going ages without a shower. It got me thinking though, I wonder if I could ever become a football manager? I dismissed the thought fairly quickly as I knew the chances of this were almost zero. How wrong I was though.

logo_thumb.jpg

Every Monday and Friday, I take part in footballing sessions run by Albion in the community, an excellent scheme run by Brighton and Hove Albion to get younger people out and playing football. After the game, (in which I scored 5 goals) Slider, the organizer, called everyone over.

"As you know guys, we like to offer you lots of different types of sports courses" He said. "We are now able to offer anyone who wants one a free coaching course. Anyone who would like to join in please raise your hand."

Obviously my hand shot straight up. I looked around me, and I was surprised that only 2 other people had put their hands up too! This could be the perfect opportunity for me to start my footballing dream. Slider pulled us all to one side and told us some more. The course started in one weeks, and consisted of two three hour footballing sessions. I was so excited, I could not wait.

TR801.jpg

The week passed quickly, and I was booted up and ready for the course. It was surprisingly easy if i am honest. There was a little bit of theory work, and the rest was coaching some young lads. Simple as. The course leader told me I was very good, and that I had a future in coaching.

At the end of the course I was awarded a level 1 coaching certificate. If im honest, it wasnt really worth much, but it was something. Who knows, maybe I could get lucky and find a job in management straight away. Only time will tell.

admin_1-asset-50379dca15a73.jpg

So now that I had the qualification, it was time update my CV. I hate writing CVs. They way you have to big yourself up...ugh. Anyway, once I had updated my CV, it was time to upload it. I obviously was not expecting any clubs to come to me, so I would have to apply for the jobs myself.

View attachment 463766

As I looked at the avaliable jobs, there was only one that looked even remotely reasonable, the one at Stockport County. I sent across my application and CV to Peter Snape, the club chairman. So, that was that. Nothing more I could do except go to bed.

440x330-iphone-5-main.jpg

The next day, I awoke to phone call from a man named Chris Brien. He introduced himself as manager of Bohemian F.C. I was shocked, I was actually being invited to an interview! As the club is based in Ireland, we decided to conduct the interview over the phone. I cant say how well it went, but I didnt hold out much hope, only time will tell though.

stockportcounty_crest.png

A couple of days later, I also received a call from Stockport County chairman Peter Snape. He rang me and told me I was the type of person he was looking for to manage his club, and offered me an interview. I was again really surprised, having no previous experience, but I had confidence that I would be able to get the job.

213vdp.jpg

The start of my football manager career potentially starts here, in a crappy old Rover. The four and half hour journey up to Stockport would be long and boring, but it had to be done. A hotel had been booked for me for the night, so I stayed there for the night, then headed over to Edgeley Park for the interview.

edgeley-park-stockport-main-stand.jpg

The interview must have gone very well, because I was offered a job there and then! I couldnt believe it. This was the beginning. I had my foot on the ladder, and the only way is up. How far do you followers think I can get? I guess now would be a good time to set myself some career targets.

Stockport Targets

Win Promotion from the Skrill North Division
Stay at the club for 2 years

Mid-term Targets

Get a job with a League 1 side
Get a job abroad
Win a manager of the year trophy

Long Term Targets

Manage my favorite club, Liverpool
Win The Champions League
Manage an International Team
Win the Premiership

stockportcounty_crest.png

Stockport County F.C Background

Stockport Country are a semi-professional side formed in 1883, who currently play their football in the Skrill North division. They were relegated from the Skrill Premier division last season. The have only won 3 trophies in their history, they won the League 2 division and the English third Division North twice. They have a fierce Rivalry with Manchester City.

Mixed Pre-season

View attachment 463516

It was a mixed pre-season for Stockpot county, winning 3 and losing 3. They started with a solid 3-0 win away at FC United, before an 8-2 thumping against Tranmere. They then lost their next game 2-1 to Chester. A 3-1 victory against Hinckley put them back to winning ways before a 3-2 win against Aston Villa Under 21s. They lost their last game 1-0 against Stockport Sports.

Being one of the favourites to go back up, Rollinson will want his time to find more consistent form to ensure they reach the pre-season expectations.

Stockport Improve to End Loosing Streak

View attachment 463513

It was a terrible start to the season for Stockport County. They lost their opening 3 games in a row, and conceded 10 goals in the process. They then improved in their last two games of the month, and scored 8 goals in the two games.

View attachment 463512

Stockport couldnt have asked for a worst start at home against Boston United. With Stockport being 2-1 up at half time, they came out in the second half and forgot how to play football. They were woeful, and lost the game 5-2.

View attachment 463511

Stockport lost their first away game of the season too. One goal from Swain proved to be the winner.

View attachment 463510

Stockport continued their poor run, again losing heavily, this time against Altrincham. The Altricham attack ripped apart Stockports defense.

View attachment 463509

Stockport improved massively against Colwyn Bay, and got their first victory of the season with a 4-1 win. 2 goals from Dennis and 2 from Fagbola set them up for their first victory of the season.

View attachment 463508

Stockport improved even more, this time keeping a clean sheet and scoring four goals. Goals from Moke, Verma, Colbeck and Auger gave Stockport the win, to end the month on a high. Their manager will be hoping they can take the momentum into the following month.

League Position: 13th

View attachment 463507

Stockport Continue Good Run

36c4327de7b24252b6a49f1d61dedcc6.0.jpg

Manager Diary

After a pretty poor opening month, it was good to get back on track. Winning 5 out of our 6 games has pushed us up to into 7th place. Colbeck has been in exceptional form this month, scoring 5 goals in 6 games. It was also good to progress to the next round of the FA Cup, and we now have a home game against Bedford.

League Position - 7th

View attachment 463424

Player of the Month - James Colbeck

View attachment 463423