A little advice please

• Thread starter Thread starter Kaloloo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 987

Kaloloo

Reaction score
Hey, in one of my games I chose FC Sochaux in the French league and this is one of the first times i've played for more than a season so I need some pointers.

Firstly in my 1st season I came 3rd, got to quarters of Euro Cup and Final of their League cup. Knocked out in first round of their FA cup.

Second season I came 3rd again, got to quarter finals of Champions cup, won the League cup and quarter finals of their FA cup.

I'm now sitting pre-season 2013.

Anyway, I would consider these very successful seasons for a club predicted to come 12th and has no transfer funds, however my average attendance is still only at 80% capacity of our 20k stadium. I want to build this side into a huge club, but I cannot upgrade the stadium until we start filling it out. I know 2 years is a short amount of time but I expected to see a close to max attendance for such a small stadium at this point. Any advice on how to improve attendance or is it just a waiting game?

Also my reputation is growing extremely slowly. I knew this would take a long time and wasn't expecting huge results after 2 seasons, however since taking charge i've gone from the 9th most reputable team in Ligue 1 to the 8th. Which seems like very slow progress, especially considering how un-reputable some of these teams are above me.

My last question I have reguarding Newgens. I've noticed using the FM-Scout tool that alot of the top wonderkid newgens have very poor stat distribution. Even at their "potential" they seem to be very average but have potentials in the 190's. Is this because of their age and the program doesn't take into account any training? Or are some newgens just poor quality

Don't bother with 3rd party scouting tools. They don't 'know' everything, and it's far more rewarding to scout/discover players yourself.

Your disadvantage is the fact that Sochaux is a pretty small town and your nearest largely populated area Montbeliard isn't exactly a metropolis. Coupled with some pretty large football cities not too distant from you - Nancy, Metz, Strasbourg, Freiburg, Basel, Zurich, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart. Dijon and Lyon aren't that far away either, so potential fans have a lot of choice.

Your club will grow (in terms of reputation and attendance) slowly until you start giving the fans a real reason to come to you. A league win, cup win, European success or all 3 would be a massive help. Thanks to the dynamic reputation system which allows your teams stature to grow as well as the league you play in, the sky is limit in terms of club size if you continue to deliver success on the pitch.

Quick tip. Have a look at INF Clairefontaine, they seem to regularly produce high quality regens who are always on amateur contracts. :)

For you're team to grow you need to do really, really well in Europe on a consistant basis as well as play nice football and have players with high reputations. I don't think you can reach the dizzy heights of Barcelona or Real Madrid in 10 seasons. Longest game I had was with St. Pauli and I only got 40k seats after 15 seasons of doing pretty well.

As for newgens, I'm no expert since I seem to have rotten luck with them lately, but they can be unpredictable so you can never be 100% sure how they will turn out. My best ever regen had a PA of just 160 but he scored 30 - 40 + goals a season. He couldn't head the ball to save himself but he would bang them in from outside the box and round the keeper constantly. I had strikers with better stats than him, but he always performed better.

NOOB ALERT.

How do you find the PA score thing? I can only see the stars?

NOOB ALERT.

How do you find the PA score thing? I can only see the stars?

FM Scout, a downloadle application, allows you to load up previous saves and see all hidden values. Many, myself included, consider it cheating

My last question I have reguarding Newgens. I've noticed using the FM-Scout tool that alot of the top wonderkid newgens have very poor stat distribution. Even at their "potential" they seem to be very average but have potentials in the 190's. Is this because of their age and the program doesn't take into account any training? Or are some newgens just poor quality

You shouldn't just look at their PA score but rather at "best potential rating", this rating does increase with good training / tutoring. It's a much better criterium than PA. But yes, the newgen stat distribution can be really crappy.

Back