A Little Club In Lancashire - Chorley Football Club

Dan9Maguire

Reaction score
View attachment 104357
A Little Club In Lancashire
Welcome to my story "A Little Club In Lancashire" in which I will be taking over at Chorley Football Club. Chorley ply their trade in the National North and have never reached a level higher than the one they are currently in. The objective is to change this and beyond, taking this semi professional club up the leagues and into the promise land. This career will be set out very much like a story, involving newspaper headlines, storylines and more - you will see what I mean in the coming updates. I will be writing as myself, Dan, the new manager of the Magpies and you will learn more about him/me later.

This is my first story here - also my first post in fact so I may not be amazing to begin with when it comes to the layout and structure, but with time I should get to grips with this. I have read a few careers on here and are very interested in them, keep up the good work guys! So hopefully I can follow in your footsteps and create a successful story here. I don't claim to be amazing at the game also, so please do not expect back-to-back promotions all the way to the Premier League - because I highly doubt that will happen.

With that said, I look forward to writing this and hope you guys all enjoy this as much as I will. Please feel free to give me some advice on layout/structure as that will be much appreciated as like I said, I'm new here so I won't be fantastic at first. Come on you Magpies.

Dan Maguire Appointed Chorley Boss
A question of "who?" is travelling around the lower leagues this afternoon as unknown 22 year old, Dan Maguire has been appointed by Chorley. From what we understand, Maguire is a PE teacher local to the area and has been brought in to save wages, as the club look to consolidate last season's 8th place finish. It is unknown to us still if he has any experience within football, but it is known that he is an avid supporter of the club and will look to bring his knowledge of the club from the stands to the touchline.

A quote from the club said, "We are delighted to announce the managerial appointment of Dan Maguire. Dan will be known to many of you around Victory Park as he has been a familiar face at the club over the years, attending home and away fixtures, seeing the rise of the club. Although we admit he wasn't our first choice, we still firmly believe that Dan has the knowledge to help us over the course of this season and the future - this will also bring many fresh opportunities for us all."

What do you think about the appointment? Tweet us at @TheNonLeaguePaper.

Back