Which club should I manage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWEST94

Reaction score
I am getting FM 13 for Christmas so which one of these clubs should I be?
View attachment 293557View attachment 293556View attachment 293555View attachment 293554
View attachment 293553View attachment 293552View attachment 293551View attachment 293550
Montpellier – the challenge here is to try and get back to back titles with the club. With PSG strengthening as well as leading scorer Giroud leaving this will be a tough challenge.
Twist – within 5 years reach the Champions League semi-finals and have at least 12 (25 registered) of my players being French or brought through the academy

Hearts – with Rangers being demoted, Celtic need a new rival in the SPL. Hopefully, I can make Hearts challenge for the title.
Twist – within 5 years win the SPL twice and have at least 6 Scottish internationals

Reading – always enjoyed managing Reading in previous FM’s, the aim we would be survival the first season than aiming for a top half finish the next season.
Twist – within 5 years be in the top six of the Premier League as well as winning both the FA and League Cup

Brighton – my local team and I work in a kiosk at the stadium. They have made some exciting signings and are playing attractive football. Aim of promotion in the first season.
Twist – within 5 years be a top 8 Premier League side, I can only spend £5mill at the most on non-English players and up to £10mill on English players

AC Milan – there have been major changes at Milan with a lot of new faces and old ones leaving. It’s going to be a difficult season for them so aiming for Champion’s League first season.
Twist – within 5 years win Serie A at least twice and win the Champions League and have at least 5 Italian internationals

Borussia Mönchengladbach – finished fourth last season and have got some good young players. Looking to build on that success and challenge for the title. The name is such an effort to write!
Twist – within 5 years win the Bundesliga at least once. I can only sign players under 24 and have to sell players by their 30th​ birthday

Valencia – they have always had a great team, but always come third best to Barcelona and Real Madrid. My main aim is to make the big two worry but also do well in the Champions League.
Twist – within 5 years finish ahead of both top clubs twice, make a profit every season (par first season) and have at least 4 home grown regens in the first team

Braga – compared to Porto and Benfica; Braga are not as good. I will change this so Braga are challenging for the title and Champions League qualification.
Twist – within 5 years win the Portuguese league 3 times, win a cup competition and reach the Champions League quarter finals. Have at least 5 Portuguese internationals​

Voted Braga. May not be a popular choice among the majority of voters but they're an interesting team and the Portuguese league is fairly good. It would make for a great story!

Voted Brighton. I'm really curious to see how someone else does with them, I love the twist ideas though wonder how you'll make the Brighton one work at all!

Voted Valencia. Hopefully you can screw over the big 2.

Borussia Mönchengladbach and Brighton drawing on 4 votes each. Need more votes, any of the clubs can still get selected.

Hearts because they are crippled!! would be some achievement if you could do what you say!!

Brighton and Gladbach drawing again on 7 points. First team to get 9 points will choose

"Give us a B, give us a O" 2 hours later...."Give us a C, give us a H. What does that spell? Borussia Mönchengladbach!"
View attachment 294336
Favre too big for Gladbach
After steering Gladbach to a fourth place finish last season, Lucien Favre demanded a large pay rise; something Gladbach were not prepared to do. Favre opted to resign and launched a vicious rant towards the club saying the club will not succeed without him.

The club has decided to forget the matter and have already brought in a new manager. Unknown rookie, Matt West, has been hired to take over the reins. West was a former coach at the club and jumped with joy at the opportunity. The players and the staff respect West highly but can he win over the fans?
Gladbach just pipped Brighton by one vote. I will be using the normal database with one change. I always create a version of myself in the game who will be at Gladbach.

Season Objectives:
Finish in the top 8
Play possession-based attacking football
Only sign players under 24 and try to sell them when they reached 30

Pre-season:

Gladbach 0 v 1 Athletic Bilbao

Sedan 2 v 2 Gladbach
Younes, De Jong

USBCO 0 v 1 Gladbach
De Jong

Calais 0 v 4 Gladbach
Camargo, Ring (2), Cigerci

Besancon 0 v 4 Gladbach
Hrgota, Camargo (2), Herrmann

Millwall 1 v 0 Gladbach

Wegberg-Beeck 0 v 3 Gladbach
Daems, Adryan, Zimmermann

West: "Mixed pre-season with some good and bad results. Just need to be more clinical against stronger teams, dominating possession though!"

Transfers:
In:
Kevin Gomez Nieto £675k
Adryan £875k
Daniel Wein £220k
p205008.png

Out:
Lukas Rupp Loan
Julian Korb Loan
Roel Brouwers £1.3m

West "Tranfer wise I didn't have much to improve the squad so I invested in some young talent. Brouwers was 30 so I thought £1.3m was a good offer. Hopefully I will get some funds in January."

August
Gladbach playing Champions League football
Through to the next round of the cup
Unbeaten start to the league

German Cup:
Deggendorf 0 v 2 Gladbach
De Jong, West

West “Dominated the match with 26 shots and 74% possession. Just need to be more clinical!”

Champions League Play-off:
Dynamo Kyiv 1 v 1 Gladbach
Xhaka

League:
Stuttgart 1 v 1 Gladbach
De Jong

Champions League Play-off:
Gladbach 3 v 0 Dynamo Kyiv
Daems, De Jong, Ring

West "We dominated this game from start to finish and deserve our place in the Champions League"

League:
Gladbach 2 v 0 Dusseldorf
Stranzl, Wendt

Player of the month:
gladbach-leverkusen-stranzl-tor-qf-19288863,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Stranzl’s been a beast at the back and was the reason we beat Dusseldorf

League Position:
6th​

September
Gladbach handed ‘Group of Death’ with Man Utd, PSG and Zenith
Adryan and De Jong partnership flourishes
Unbeaten run comes to an end

League:
Hoffenhaim 0 v 2 Gladbach
De Jong, Adryan

Champions League:
Zenith 1 v 0 Gladbach

League:
Gladbach 2 v 0 Nurnberg
Dominguez, West

League:
FC Schalke 04 2 v 1 Gladbach
West

League:
Gladbach 3 v 2 Augsburg
De Jong, Adryan, Arango

Player of the month:
250005343.jpg

De Jong has been scoring and assisting for fun this month

League position:
3rd​

October:
Mixed month with poor results
Champions League campaign off to poor start
Averaging 63% possession per match

Champions League:
Gladbach 2 v 4 PSG
Dominguez, De Jong

West "This was an even game and could of gone either way but PSG were just more clinical"

League:
Gladbach 2 v 0 Frankfurt
Dominguez, Hrgota

League:
Freiburg 1 v 0 Gladbach

Champions League:
Man Utd 3 v 0 Gladbach

West "****!"

League:
Gladbach 1 v 1 HSV
Herrmann

German Cup:
Duisburg 2 v 3 Gladbach

Hanke (2), De Jong

Player of the month:
Alvaro-Dominguez-Gladbach-386x386.jpg

Our form has been poor this month, so going for Dominguez after his goals

League position:
4th​

Last edited:
Nice story and good luck with your season objectives. What tactics are you using to play possession football?