A Mystery Of Players Peaking Too Early

• Thread starter Thread starter Damstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

Damstar

Reaction score
Hi FM lovers (Addicts) all over!

OK, I have played FM for around 15 years and this is now the first time I'm reaching out publically for advice. FM 2015 has me stumped.

I am puzzled as to why, it seems, young players in FM 2015 peak "too" early. I have one good example to list here, but many more on the game itself and too many to bore you with.

I think I am in my 5th season with Forest, and I had signed Odegaard in my first transfer window. By all accounts, this guy has top end potential and has great starting stats, at a tender age. My training facilities are now both classed as excellent (just recently) and non of my coaches are less then 4.5 stars, with 3 of them being 5 star.

The Assistant Manager is telling me in his reports that he is "close to full potential", he is still 19, just! My Assistant Manager has 17 PA stats too. Thing is, the Assistant Manager, could be correct. I've not seen his passing stat move at all for 9 months and I switched his training focus to passing, with first 4 months or so on medium, then switched to intensive for 5 months when I saw no movement. His passing stat currently stands at 15, for over a year already. His pass graph is flatlining massively! As are some other stats. Overall, I have seen growth, but not much and not nearly as much as I have experienced in older versions of this game with other players.

I am experiencing this with other players of high potential too in FM15 and I don't have enough time to run a few games in parallel as a diagnostic. So, I'm hoping you pros out there will have either an answer, some thoeries or feedback that I'm just seeing things that are not there!

I have a theory that perhaps I'm blooding them too early, gving the young players too many games, too soon and thereby stunting their growth somehow...

Looking forward to see what you guys think...

Damstar

Last edited:
I do not know if this is true - but aren't we suppose to be happy to have players already developed at young age (due to training and play time), meaning that we can expect them to provide top performance? I bought Pogba at 23 as Key Player and he's been 4 stars ever since (he's now 27).

Back