A New Era at Goodison Park, Everton!

• Thread starter Thread starter mattspurs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

mattspurs

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Matt and this is my first story! I hope you enjoy!!

P.S. I would really appreciate any comments on how to improve my team (players, tactics etc) and my story!

Thank you!

Moyes Resigns!!

The football world is in shock as David Moyes has walked from his job at Everton. It is thought a disagreement with Bill Kenwright and the sale of important players with no funds to replace them has been sighted as a reason for departure. It is thought due to funding Kenwright may appoint a lower league or unknown manager.

is

Matthew Ing is named the new Manager of Everton FC!

This morning Matthew Ing was installed at the helm at Everton. He has been given the challenge of finishing in the top ten of the Barclays Premier League with no transfer funds but does have funds to spend on wages. Here follows a comment by the new manager himself:

"Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents, I am delighted to be hired its a dream come true, since a young age I have wished to be given the reigns to manage a top Premier League side. I am a Spurs fan but I have seen Everton play a few times and I feel the team needs new emphasis, need ideas which Moyes ran out of quite frankly. I am here to build a winning team of exciting footballers with the emphasis on finding the next generation of Everton greats."

he went on to say "Every single current player will be given plenty of chance to shine, I wont be making any player sales until January as I feel we need a few players rather than get rid of them not just that Moyes was a great Everton Manager someone I would look up to doing the role as he brought some glory to the club so I just his judgement, at the moment anyway, I would love to see him take over at Spurs when Harry goes to England! We have Baines, Jags, Cahill, Fellaini and Saha who I feel to be important players and some great young talent in Rodders, Barkley, Gueye, Duffy and Seamus. So I trust the current side. I aim to use the loan and free market in the current window"

Following.as i'm playing as everton manager 2nd season..gonna see how u manage them

Pre Season Report

Signings

Maniche - free transfer, been there and done it, signed as a back up player mainly

Maniche vs Mexico - YouTube

James Mcfadden - Back at Everton on a free transfer, another striker and winger which we needed on reflection in the squad plus he knows Everton and understands what it is to be a player of this team. Welcome Back Jimmy Mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhxJIVXFtGs

Thiago Alcantara - Barcelona youngster, exciting young footballer which is the kind of footballer I want to bring to this club. If i was a fan at the club I would be excited by this loan signing, we will have him all season with no fee to be paid and we are paying only half of his 13k pw salary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8GuehO59I&feature=related

Pre season results

Vs Ressies (2-1 W)
Vs Fleetwood (5-0 W)
Vs PNE (0-0 D)
Vs Nurnburg (3-2 W)
Vs MK Dons (2-1 W)
Vs Queen of the South (2-2 D)
Vs Sevilla (0-0 D)
Vs Gimnastic (3-0 W)

Lets catch up with the manager before the season begins with a behind the scenes private word:

"Going into the new season i am quietly confident we can be in the top 10 and maybe push on for more Thiago is a promising youngster. I believe he will be the next Iniesta/Xavi for Barca. He will play behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 which is a defensive formation I understand but we have strength at the back with Phil, Jags, Johnny and Baines who will be my first choice back 4, going forward looking at Saha I think looking at what he earns he doesnt deserve the 50 grand a week! Anichebe needs to step up stake a claim he looks promising and we have Jimmy Mac back. Our midfield looks good Rodwell and Barkley are the future but can be the present Fellaini is our biggest asset and Roy is from Madrid and Seamus is out injured but he will probably play right midfield infront of Ossie. So I have confidence in the team currently!"

August Results

Fulham 2 - 3 EVERTON
(Zamora 14, Cahill 21, Dembele 37, Anichebe 73, Baines 90+4)

Baines scores a last second free kick to give us the 3 points. Saha comes off after 42 mins with a leg break out for 6 months! Anichebe is the chosen one to replace him and scores :) good start, was prepared to take a draw as Fulham matched us but Baines wins it for us with a trademark free kick!

EVERTON 1-0 Aston Villa
(Rodwell 47)

A good win. Rodwell pops up with a splendid goal from just outside the box after the break. The Toffees manager commented "Rodders is the future of this club and for his country. He is one of the first names on my teamsheet and deserved his goal, I hope you were watching Fabio"

Sheff Wed 1-2 EVERTON (Lge Cup 2nd rnd)
(Mcfadden 37, Maniche 56, Carter 82)

A different looking Everton bombarded Wednesday all night but only manager two goals. The new signings scored their first goals of the season and Mcfadden scores in his first game back at Goodison Park. "Its good to have Jimmy Mac back we needed some more depth in the striking department and he knows the club and the fans so i am so pleased he has got his first goal back.

Swansea 0-0 EVERTON

How did Everton not score! 16 shots, 60% possession but no goals. Swansea manage one shot all match so one sided but no goals. "Well we have a problem up top which was evident today. Saha is out until February, Anichebe and Jimmy Mac just couldnt find the net today but we have still had a great start to the season!"

Next up in September: Chelsea (H), Man City (A), Man City (H, lge cup 3rd rnd), WBA (H)

"We have a tough month next month we have to play Chelsea and Man City so I am looking for the players to take the game to them and we will try get something out of the matches. Every match is winnable as long as we have a game plan, yes both squads are worth millions but we have a good squad harmony."

tough month to go.nice transfer , with mcfadden.i think u sure need a more consistent striker.XD

September

EVERTON 1-1 Chelsea
(Cahill 34, Drogba 44, Heitinga sent off 50)

Everton draw with unbeaten league leaders Chelsea, a good result with having to play 40 mins with 10 men. "We did well I am mostly proud of our defence of Phil, Jags and Baines. Distin came on and did well and is an excellent back up defender with Heitinga now banned."

Man City 2-1 EVERTON
(Mcfadden 45, Barry 75, Balotelli 89)

Balotelli scores a late winner after Everton keeping them at bay nearly all game. "I am upset today only because we deserved a result after leading the game until the last 15 mins. Even Roberto would agree to say the match had a draw but with their squad to have players like Mario on the bench will bode them well in their title race."

EVERTON 3-1 Man City (3rd rnd leage cup)
(Anichebe 19 + 73, Thiago 40, A.Johnson 44)

A Fantastic win for the Toffees!! Man City did put out a different team but Tevez, Silva, Johnson, De Jong all played. "Victor and Thiago linked up well, we might see that combo more often! I am so pleased for our fans"

EVERTON 3-1 WBA
(Brunt pen 32, Thiago 33, Anichebe 43, Jagielka 47)

Another good win for Everton, a very dominant performance after giving away a penalty. Thiago and Anichebe look fantastic together! "Thiago was brilliant and Victor was great two very good promising footballers, can we sign Thiago? Well I dont know we shall see at the end of the season!"

Next in October: Stoke, Bolton, Newcastle, Aston Villa (4th rnd lge cup), Arsenal.

"We should continue to improve. We probably need a striker in January but Victor and Jimmy Mac are doing the goods so far and there is even Straq who hasnt had a sniff yet! Interested is being shown in Fellaini from Lyon I might sell him in January but only if an offer comes in. He hasn't really shone at all yet!"​

Back