Anderson883

Reaction score
So i have found some time on my hands, so i decided to do my first ever story here, i am not used to doing this so please be patient, also at times i get busy but will still look to update this when i get the odd free moment, but am looking at this being a long term save.

View attachment 72225

Meet Mason Anderson-

An unknown Kiwi looking to make his into the footballing world, NO qualifications and a Sunday league footballer in his heyday.
The target? Simple. Get as far as he can in the modern game, probably taking many different twists and turns in different countries, will he settle in a job? Will he up sticks to progress? Who knows its up to him!

A family Holiday-

He has an 'agent' who is his big brother, applying where ever he can to see if he can forge a career forward for his brother, Mason is currently in New Zealand with his family, enjoying the summer and drinking a lot of beer, little does he know soon a club will take a complete gamble on a nobody to turn their fortunes around (or the club are just skint)

View attachment 72224

Big Brothers work paying off-

As we move into june, it appears Masons 'agent' has begun his work in manchester, and they have called for an interview with mason over the vacant managers position at FC United Of Manchester, a potentially big job for someone who has his big brother as an agent.

Anderson appears at the interview on the 23rd of June, and appears to have a relatively good interview, telling the general manager of his vision and 4-2-3-1 philosophy, how he prefers a passing, possession based game but will they club take the bait and cash in on a chance with a nobody?
View attachment 72223
By Jove and they have-

View attachment 72222

And they have Hired the nobody from New Zealand, getting the phonecall from his brother, Mason can hardly believe it, jumping at the chance and getting on the first plane, he lands on the 26th of June, in Manchester, to begin this journey.

Who knows what will happen, all i know is that it will be full of twists and turns, stay tuned. 8-|

View attachment 72221

So the journey begins-

The deal is done, and Mason Anderson is in his chair, hardly any staff around and not much support staff, very quickly Mason finds himself building the club up from the 'rubble' and with a Top half finish promised, he gets to work quickly, knowing a bad start could leave his career in tatters, with a blank CV and a failure, surely no other club would pick him up from the scrap heap.

The tactic-

View attachment 72220

A fairly safe 4-2-3-1, with the 2 DM'S to begin with, Mason appears to be trying to go in with a 'settle in' approach, try to pick up some clean sheets early doors, get his defense sorted and then use that as a base to launch forwards. Definatley a 'Tony Pulis' way of thinking, definatley not the forward thinking manager he promised to be, but we will have to give him a chance to see how things unfold.

The Squad

View attachment 72219

Not a lot to comment on, a pretty rounded squad with a lot of defensive options, decent options up top, but we will see where Mason Anderson heads in the transfer market, this will prove to us where he truly where he believes he needs to strengthen...
Up next, Transfer Dealings + August Update

August Time-

Transfers-
View attachment 72218

James Carvell- A 18 year old youngster who was released from Barnsley last season it seems, a tenacious midfielder and very good in the DLP role, will play a pivitol role in this team, look forward to him developing and being one of our better players, when not injured!

View attachment 72217

Josh Gregory- Another youngster but this time loaned in from wigan, another MC so Mason Anderson seems to feel his midfield will play a massive role in this season, another good acquisition from the nobody!

Transfer Roundup-

View attachment 72216
A rather boring transfer window so far from Mason Anderson, he was quoted saying 'I quite like the dynamics of the team here, they get along superbly, we are looking for quality over quantity, we dont want to disrupt the core to this squad'

On anymore further transfers he simply quoted 'who knows'.

Pre season/August results

View attachment 72215

As you can see, pre season was a struggle, especially as Mason only had the last 2 friendlies to ppolish the team off, and get across his ideas and philosophy to the team, Mason will not want this to hinder his start, because as he well knows, he could end up on the scrap heap.

On the pre season friendlies he commented - 'not great, yup not great, we haven't been in the games for long periods, but in short spells we showed the good football we can play, i want my players to play creative football, but i will not neglect our defence, i want us to dominate the ball in spells as well, that is not happening quite yet'

He continued- 'It's early days, we are working hard, and i cant ask for anymore from the players, seeing the effort and quality in training is the most promising and pleasing aspect.'

August Results -

So we head into the competitive games, here they are-

Game 1 - Brackley 0-2 (W)

View attachment 72214

Mason Anderson's Post match interview-

'Yes, a great start to the season, but we have to remember it is just a start. We played some good football in long spells of the game, we also dominated long periods. I'm really pleased for the boys, all the hard work on the training ground went on the pitch today.'

'The boys have worked hard all week, we had a plan, and we executed it, perfect start'

' We just have to keep working hard and keep ourselves honest, there is a lot more to come from this group.'

Game 2- Spennymoor 2-0 (W)

View attachment 72213

Post Match Interview-

'It was great to great the home fans with a win, really important we get a buzz around the place, make this a place hard to come to for the opponents, and winning at home will start that, it comes from the fans.

'we moved the ball well, some really good football which was really pleasing.'

Game 3- Kidderminster 3-3 (D)

View attachment 72212

Post Match Interview-

' Well 3 defensive errors have cost us here, really sloppy and something we need to cut out if we are to keep moving forward. I am bitterly disappointed. It's a game where we were a lot more creative than the other team, even at 3-0 down, we should not have been, individual errors have cost us'

'The only positive is we have picked up a point, even when we were not at our best'

Game 4- Southport 0-1 (W)
View attachment 72211

Post match Interview-

'Today was not our best performance, but these things can happen, we have not played well and we have ground out 3 points. I feel sorry for our opponents, it was daylight robbery, but in fairness after last game we addressed our defensive problems and got ourselves a clean sheet'

'If we were to go on the last 2 performances, we need to improve to be in the mix this season'

Game 5- Bradford PA 0-2 (W)

View attachment 72210

Post Match Interview-

'This was more like the standards in which we have set ourselves so far this season, This is the perfect away performance, we were very creative from our midfield'

'I believe this result shows great strides and progress, and of course i am stoked with our start, but we need to stay focused and not get ahead of ourselves'

Game 6- Boston UTD 4-1 (W)
View attachment 72209

Post Match Interview-

'Yup, a really good feeling. We dominated that game from start to finish. Iwas dissapointed in the manner in which we conceded the goal after going 1 up, but the composure we showed, infront of our own fans was brilliant, it was fantastic'

On the referee decision - Absolutely, he got it spot on, red card for me'

Game 7- York 3-2 (L)

View attachment 72208

Post Match Interview -

It is believed the fiery kiwi coach did not attend his post match questions and therefore will be fined for not full filling his media duties

First month table-

View attachment 72207
Up next, September and a few key stats!

Last edited: