City Blue

Reaction score
no-lgflag.gif

12th April 2011
My dream had ended so had my career and it hadn't even begun.....

I was 16 playing for my boyhood club Fredrikstad and we were close to promotion I could taste first division football maybe even the Tippeligaen! I certainly had scouts watching me! There were scouts from Viking, Molde and even a few scouts from other European nations like Portugal and Russia! Apparently there was even a scout from the English Premier Division's Blackburn Rovers! Little did I know my career would end as I pulled back my leg for the shot Lyn 2's central defender wrapped his legs around mine and twisted it was the worst tackle I'd ever faced and it was the last.

Out

That tackle ended my career and the only shot I had for a decent job I'd left school at 16 so I could focus on football what a mistake that had been.I should have followed my father's advice and kept my options open but no I thought I was destined to be a professional footballer.I knew by the rush of the medics it was bad but I was out cold by the time they put me on the stretcher all I remember of that night are my goals and the applause around the Frerikstad Stadion as I left the pitch.
TRAGEDY FOR NORWEGIAN FOOTBALL

The most promising player in recent history in Norwegian football has been forced to hang up his boots after a horror tackle last nigh.Fredrikstad FK striker Jon-Friedrik Gunnarsonn was struck down by Lyn 2's...

29th June 2011

I only had one option after my career ended.It was to move abroad where the pay was better.So I decided to move too Britain,Wales in fact were my mother was from I rented a flat in Cardiff and that is where my story developed.

Great

1st July 2011

John Toshack had been sacked months ago Brian Flynn said he wanted to be youth coach.Step in Jon-Friedrik Gunnarsonn.I'm young so I'm still stupid 25 isn't the best age to take control of a nation but I did.The English press mocked me the Welsh did as well but I didn't care about that the only thing I cared about was the fact that I was Wales manager!My application had been successful!I cherish the words used by Philip Pritchard.
"We feel you have a lot to bring to this nation you bring a different culture in Norwegian football with you as well!"
So I was Wales manager and my first step was clearing the squad of old players.I also had an international friendly against Luxembourg to look forward too.But first a press conference
Philip Pritchard-"Settle down settle down one at a time"
South Wales Echo-"So Mr.Gunnarsonn how happy are you right now?"
Me-"I am very,very pleased to manage a country so close to my heart."
Western Express-"Will there be any drastic changes to squad selections?"
Me"I believe youth is very important in football and I shall concentrate on it."
Goal.com-"Will Liverpool's Craig Bellamy remain as captain?"
Me-"Yes Craig will remain as captain if he wishes to do so."
170px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo_2011.png

Last edited:
Hmmm

7th July 2010

Many people were dubious over my appointment and to be fair so was I.But I still felt top of the world I had a friendly against Luxembourg to look forward too and with such brilliant players I knew we could win.I felt youth was the way forward and there were a few players I would build my team around.
Aaron Ramsey-Central midfield came up through the ranks at my mother's beloved Cardiff will be vice-captain
Gareth Bale-A brilliant winger for Spurs will be my number one on the left
Craig Bellamy-Not young but brilliant and a figure-head as I said in the press conference captain
Darcy Blake-Brilliant centre-back at Cardiff better than Williams
Wayne Hennessey-Premier League Wolves' number one and Wales'
There are a few players born in England that will be in my side but the players above are pure Welsh.
Andy King-English midfielder brilliant for Leicester
David Jones-Wigan's English midfielder brilliant free-kicks