A Nottingham Forest story - Path to glory!

tomfmlfc

Reaction score
A Nottingham Forest story

35mqu6h.jpg

Breaking news from the City ground!

We have been informed today that Nottingham Forest have dismissed Sean O'driscoll with immediate effect. It's been reported that Forest owner
Fawaz Al Hasawi wants to appoint a young ambitious manager, who's keen to implement a fast attractive attacking philosophy.

Nottingam Forest have confirmed O'driscolls successor.

Forest have today confirmed they've appointed O'driscolls successor. The appointment was a huge shock to all Forest fans, as they unveiled inexperienced 25 year old Tom James as the new manager.

Jame's only experience within football has been managing Sunday league youth teams.

Fawaz Al Hasawi said of his new acquisition " Mr james is a young hungry, ambitious manager who myself and my consortium believe will take us to where we want to be, to the heights of world football. We will show him our full backing, and we'd appreciate if the fans can trust our judgement in which many will be questioning. Thank you"

Tom James had this to say "I am currently in a state of shock, I never imagined in a million years that I'd be given an opportunity as great as this, especially so soon in my footballing career. I am honoured and privileged to be the manager of such a humongous club. All I can say to the fans is that I'll be wanting the team to play fast attractive attacking football, my sole aim is to give you entertainment and to bring you success. Thank you"

Last edited:
July

July has been a very successful month taking into consideration, the squads been learning a new philosophy and we're in a transition phase. We've only played 3 games (friendlies) this month.

Forest capture the signing of..

2ln9uz4.jpg

Nottingham Forest have announced the signing of Mauro Formica from blackburn rovers for a fee of £3.5m on a 4 year deal worth £25,000 per week plus add-ons.

James said of the deal "Mauro was attracting huge interest from a number of clubs not only in England but in Europe, It's a huge coup for this club to have signed Mauro. He's a technically gifted footballer who can not only play through the middle, he can play out wide or even up front if necessary. Am sure he's going to become a fan favourite here and help us in our quest to glory"

Results

Roeselare 0 - 3 Forest
Maloney , *** , Blackstock

Ronse 1 - 4 Forest
Tudgay x2 , Mathieu(OG) , Blackstock

Beershot 3 - 2 Forest
Sharp , Coppinger

July review

It's been a tough month trying to get the team use to an unfamiliar style of play. The Beershot result didn't go exactly as planned, but as expected when implementing a new philosophy we knew we'd have some hiccups on the way.

All in all I think it's been a productive month, we've signed Formica who could be with us for the next 10 years the lad has great potential. We've turned in 3 impressive attacking performances.

Last edited:
You too bud, who you've signed? I used 90% of my budget on Formica :/

How did you even sign Formica?

The tight *** board give you £0!

I couldn't even bring in Clint Hill on loan at 3k a month...

Are you playing as Forest? I got given a £5m transfer budget, then Blackburn put Formica up for sale and the rest is history :)

Last edited:

you get 5m for mid table mate

i spent my money on lee wallace from rangers and Kal Naismith got 1.8million left saving it for jan

August

August has been a month of mixed opinions, we put in some impressive performances in our remaining friendlies, our league form has been above expectations, the only down fall was being knocked out of a cup competition earlier than anticipated.

Results
Friendlies

Woking 0 - 6 Forest
Rotherham 1 - 3 Forest
Forest 2 - 2 Lazio
Capital one
Forest 3 - 0 Bury
Blackstock , sharp , Ayala
Forest 0 - 2 Birmingham
Championship
Cardiff 0 - 2 Forest
Sharp , ***
Forest 3 - 2 Birmingham
Moloney x2 , Sharp
Bristol 0 - 0 Forest

Forest announce 2 new impressive signings..

21b0x36.jpg

Forest have announced the signing of former West Ham and Marseille midfielder Edouard Cisse on a free contract

309j9z6.jpg

Forest have also announced the signing of Carles Planas a product of Barcelonas La Masia, Planas is an attacking left full back

August Review

I think it's been a fairly successful month especially in the league, I was bitterly disappointed being knocked out of the league cup. We made some fairly good signings which am confident will give us the depth that we was lacking.

We have a fairly easy month coming up and I hope we're going to capitalise on our home advantage run of games.

Last edited:
September
We've had a month of ups and downs, struggling to gain any real consistency.

Results
Forest 1 - 0 Leicester
Ayala

Millwall 0 - 0 Forest

Forest 2 - 1 Bolton
Derbyshire , Ayala

Wednesday 1 - 1 Forest
Henriquez

Forest 0 - 2 Charlton