• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4K

coolmcool

Reaction score
Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377196

Right so this save shall become my main story now with Arsenal one starting to lose interest for myself 3 seasons in, i will revert back to the Arsenal one every time i lose interest in this one and vice versa.

I live in Cornwall and Argyle are the most Southern and Western League club in England so are sort of my local team despite being almost 2 hours away!
I have seen them play maybe 20 times since i was around 10, We mainly went to see the other teams players i.e Paul Ince at Wolves.

When i first started watching The Pilgrims they were in the old Division 3 facing the likes of Scarborough but we did get to the Championship and i had shirts with the likes of David Friio, Akos Buzskay and Dave Norris. Friio is now a scout for Manchester United! The other two also moved on to play for Championship sides, other notable former players include Ashley Barnes, Dan Gosling, Jamie Mackie, Ebanks-Blake and Nick Chadwick who has just returned.

Also i havent really done any lower league management so it will be a challenge with Plymouth's limited funds in League Two.

So thats why i am doing the save now lets get it started!​

good luck mate,
this is gonna be like my Pompey story both in league 2 both skint and start with a P and end in mouth.
LOL

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377466

First off we are in a lot of debt to a lot of different loans

View attachment 377467

Our debts are around £6million with the Club only worth around £2million so i wasnt expected much money to improve the squad.

Season Expectations

View attachment 377469

After plummeting through the leagues i want to try and rebulid Argyle as a young attacking side, any player who wants silly money will not be welcome at the club and a lot of the old guard have been sold to get rid of high wages.
I couldnt really change a lot with the squad as most loan players didnt want to join and around 9 free transfer players chose other clubs including former Pilgrim Vincent Pericard.
On loan i brought in Rob Lainton in Goal and Bignall from Reading to be our main striker.

Here are the 3 key players for the season ahead.

View attachment 377475

He wanted to leave when i first joined but i managed to tie him down to a new deal, i did promise him Promotion which was the only option but i reckon will be out of our reach.

I got issued a reminder about this before the season even got going!

View attachment 377476

View attachment 377477

Blanchard will be the rock at the heart of our defence as i look to play an attacking style of football he will need to be sharp for the counter attack.

View attachment 377478

Hes on loan and before i signed anyone was the only first team out and out striker we had, hopefully will grab the goals that propel us to promotion!

Finally Npower League 2 Odds

View attachment 377482

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377496

August 2012

August Fixtures

View attachment 377497

2 draws and 2 losses, i expected the loss to Birmingham but we did play well against them, we should have beat
Exeter though my squad is so young its ridiculous!

View attachment 377502

5 teenagers in the starting eleven and 10 in the overall 18 picked for most matches. Looks like this season will be about rebuilding for the future but it does look bright.

Table

View attachment 377505

Means little at this stage but i really want to get that first win under the belt to get the season underway.

Player of the Month

View attachment 377507

3 goals in 4 games and is the only player to have scored for me so far!

Shame he got injured in the first game of the next month!

View attachment 377509

Nice start mate, unlucky with the Bhasera injury! Do you think you can push for the playoffs this season? Love lower league stories so keep up the good work :D

Nice start mate, unlucky with the Bhasera injury! Do you think you can push for the playoffs this season? Love lower league stories so keep up the good work :D
Not sure mate, in september we had a shocker but it was because i was playing attacking football too much have changed the tactic which is working better in october, top half this season and i will be happy! Thanks for following

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377525

September 2012

September Fixtures

View attachment 377528

It all went downhill after the first win of my time as Plymouth manager, i changed the tactic after we kept leaking silly goals and the Gillingham match was the first to see the change.

Change in Tactic

View attachment 377530

Im even trying out a Libero something i havent seen very often, at the moment its really just survival especially with the players at our disposal

Npower League 2 Table

View attachment 377526

Rock bottom, we cant afford to be relegated i hope we can turn it around soon.

Player of the Month

View attachment 377529

Bignall gets it but nobody really deserves it, he got a couple of goals but at this level he should be banging them in, Im glad he only has a 3 month loan deal which is almost up.

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377550

October 2012

October Fixtures

View attachment 377552

Not bad 3 wins, 3 losses, i was much happier with how we played this month and the last two games we were unlucky to lose.

Npower League 2 Table

View attachment 377554

Thats more like it as we move up several places this month and move away from the drop zone

Luke Young Wins Our Player of the Month and Comes
3rd in the Young Player of the Month in the League.

View attachment 377559View attachment 377560

Bhasera Moaning Again!

View attachment 377562

And finally my job is already on the line after what i deemed a better month.

View attachment 377563

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377610

November 2012 - Free Transfer Deadline

I struggled to find anyone of any real quality to bring in on the deadline but managed to pick up a half decent ST and DC

View attachment 377611

He looks pretty quick and has a bit of determination so should at least run around the place looking like he knows what hes doing a bit like Theo Walcott.

View attachment 377612

Not too bad of a defender doubt he will make the first team but he looks like he could be a threat on set pieces.​

Good luck mate you're gonna need it! I support them yet cant manage them without getting a tonking every game:'(

Enjoying this mate, keep it up! Like it for the fact that it's not a stroll for you, too many stories are so predictable. Keep going though and hopefully the results will start improving! (6)

You've got me in the mood to start a Plymouth save! Don't worry though mate I'll not take your light and make a story out of it if I do lol ;)

Good luck mate you're gonna need it! I support them yet cant manage them without getting a tonking every game:'(
I have struggled a lot but i like some of the young players and im in it for the long haul!

Enjoying this mate, keep it up! Like it for the fact that it's not a stroll for you, too many stories are so predictable. Keep going though and hopefully the results will start improving! (6)
Thanks man, i dont know how some people do it go to all these teams and just win straight away, my results are slowly improving with tweaks to the tactics but a top half hope is all i can aim for

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377643

November 2012

November Fixtures

View attachment 377644

3 wins, 3 draws 2 losses a much improved month but it showed that we needed a new front man hence why i bought someone in, December could be make or break for my time at Argyle.

Npower League 2 Table

View attachment 377645

Currently 6 points clear of the relegation battle which im focusing on more than looking above us to where we can reach.

Player of the Month

View attachment 377646

Hes had a good month in the Left Wing role with Bhasera playing poorly and looking on his way out,
He moans about wanting to join a bigger club Bhasera but cant play well for us! He will be sold in January thats if im still around.​

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377896

December 2012

First Off Bhasera's dodgy performances continue as several different fan favourites moan about his form!

View attachment 377897

December Fixtures

View attachment 377898

The best couple of results were probably the draw and loss to Sheffield United as we struggle in the league but manage to put in the good performances in the cup.

Npower League 2 Table

View attachment 377899

Sitting perioulsy over the dropzone, thank god the transfer window is a couple of days away!​

Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 377903

January 2013

Bhasera Leaves for Huddersfield for almost a £1million but we only get to see less than half of that money and i have made quite a few additions, too many to be putting up on here, here are the key 3

View attachment 377904View attachment 377905View attachment 377906

So these are the 3 key signings to bring in a bit of experience to our young squad, i hope to kick on these next few months, none of the players that came in cost any money and have been given at the most 18 month contracts some only til the summer

Hourihane Breaks Leg - Out for 7 months

View attachment 377907

January Fixtures

View attachment 377908

With the new signings coming in to the side we picked up 7 points in our last 3 games and things are starting to look up a little bit!

Npower League 2 Table

View attachment 377909

We have moved all the way up to 19th! My aim for this season now has got to be at most 16th? Anything but getting relegated will be good enough for me!​

Odd tactic you had with all playing deep mate what brought that around. Sham Bhasera is always moaning. Players like that soon leave my club but tough for you to do that

Odd tactic you had with all playing deep mate what brought that around. Sham Bhasera is always moaning. Players like that soon leave my club but tough for you to do that
Ah yes i didnt use it for long, it got me so short lives success in october but since then i have been using a 4 2 3 1 formation, i just need a better striker

Back