A place to be positive

Reaction score
I'm Gunna Have a bit of a rant now!!!! I'm sick of seeing pointless thread after thread after thread lambasting the match engine!!! we get it you don't like it!! its buggy!! but no point in starting a thread saying this is the worst match engine yet or worst fm and offer no valid reasoning. What I mainly suspect is happening is that unlike fm 12 where you can just hit continue all the time in this years game you have to make a tactical plan. you can't play 4-2-4 all the time because the AI will work you out and pack midfield!! this is what happens in real life teams get worked out, you have to take a whole different approach this year!!!!

Now for the good stuff, New match engine has its flaws but it is ace, I for one am glad to see the back of all these exploits that was in 12, the ball curve is awesome, the passing is a joy to behold and through balls are more effective than ever. deadline day is awesome everyone wanted that they have it. there are loads and loads of little tweaks like being aable to take a transfer listed player on loan, director of football, head of youth development, implementation of taxes, the meeting you have with the board, the remit when you take a job, I LOVE the AI that they can work out your tactics.

I love the challenge of this years game, I nearly didn'y get because of all the moaning on here but so glad i did. Please don't post in here ******** and moaning on this thread please if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all lol

Peace

I have been playing manager from CM 01-02 and this is the first year that I'm frustrated with the match engine.

The advantage of FM against it's opposition is that it's more realistic but this year they sacrificed part to make it more "dazzling".
The point isn't to create something new in the match engine and fill everything else with bugs, what's realistic with that?

The bugs are minimal, the update corrected alot. It is not filled with bugs I think you let your frustration cloud your judgement. Yes pressing and through balls are not perfect but so to say it is filled with bugs is ridiculous there will be a patch this month sometime so admins say.

I dont think the games filled with bugs, but the amount of shots for both teams in most games is really high. Usually about 20 shots each!

I hope that they'll fix them or else I'll have to get a life outside FM...

Only thing I find frustrating is the amount of chances you have compared to the opposition yet you still don't get a result half the time. But with the updates that will be coming up hopefully will improve that. All in all I think it's a more enjoyable challenge.

Only thing I find frustrating is the amount of chances you have compared to the opposition yet you still don't get a result half the time. But with the updates that will be coming up hopefully will improve that. All in all I think it's a more enjoyable challenge.

Thats been the case in nearly every fm last year especially for me could have 70% possesion 30 shots and lose 1-0 still but yeah agreed defo more enjoyable

Last edited:
The bugs are minimal, the update corrected alot. It is not filled with bugs I think you let your frustration cloud your judgement. Yes pressing and through balls are not perfect but so to say it is filled with bugs is ridiculous there will be a patch this month sometime so admins say.

Thats what I think all this talk of the match engine is making me second guess myself...
you're right about the passing my Cordoba team has played some serious footie in some games...
I just find my team is very inconsistent I beat big teams but struggle against the weaker ones... After 10 games Im sitting 5th a point from second and four from 1st...
I cant play how I want to play but playing counter has had some success so Im just going to stick with that until things change...

Edit: I should also say while my GK and DF frustrate me at times its the useless strikers I have that frustrate me more ha

ive said this in many posts, not to be negative or anything, but switching tactics every game IS unrealistic...

BTW there was already a little patch to correct some dumb defender AI

I agree with you to some extent but releasing a game where the online dont work is shocking only the host can sign players not impressed was looking forward to a good online game as i have never had one before

Back