A question about editing pre existing competitions

• Thread starter Thread starter patty_c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

patty_c

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post in this forum, so apoligies if this is a silly question. I have however had a search for the answer to this question and cant seem to really find it anywhere so I thought I would ask.

I've been playing around with the editor for a few days now and still can't seem to figure out how is the best and easiest way to go about editing minor rules to already existing competitions.

For instance, among other things I wish to edit the Scottish Premier Leauge and change things such as prize money as well as the total number of games in the season.

I firstly used the 'create new competitions and rules' option, but that method seemed to reset the competition rules for the SPL, thus I had to re enter all the current rules and regulations as well as the new ones I wished to edit in the first place. After completing this already fairly time consuming task i saved it and attempted to start a new game with the scottish leagues. Doing this however seemed to limit the leagues I was able to select in game to only the SPL, and none of the lower leagues. It therefore appears to me that I would have to enter all the cup and leagues that are already playable in the default database and re enter all of the rules and regulations of them as well just to change a few things in the SPL (which is what ive been trying to do the whole time).

I also looked to use the 'add lower leagues and cups...' option, however this one didnt let me edit any of the existings leagues that appear on the left hand side. Adding in the SPL didnt work either, as I couldn't delete the old SPL that gets loaded.

Surely there is an easier way to edit small parts of pre existing leagues? Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks.

no sorry mate, when you click on "add existing leagues" all to information that would appear on a game is locked. you have to create them

Back