joalbrito

Reaction score
I play a classic 4-4-2 formation with two wingers set to attack. I am currently using a combination of advanced playmaker set to support, and deep-lying playmaker set to defend.
Here is the dlp:
2lo4p3a.jpg

Here is the adv. playmaker :
2yvt5rr.jpg

It has worked relatively good till now, but I am wondering if I can improve the performances of this combo. I was thinking about changing the role of the deep-lying pl. to ball winning midfielder - defend, in order to stronger the defense, but this could be a waste of talent, because he is also creative, and has good passing, technique, ect. Also I thought about setting him as a box to box mid, but I don't think that it is a good idea.
About the other guy... I don't think that he could play any other role.
What do you think?

set him to central midfield defend

Set him as deep lying playmaker, to go Adanced and switch 'make forward runs' and 'run with ball' to rarely. Also remove the 'hold up ball' if you have it checked. If you drop his mentality a little and keep his creative freedom high, he'll play like a defensive ball playing mid, i.e. Carrick.

Set him as deep lying playmaker, to go Adanced and switch 'make forward runs' and 'run with ball' to rarely. Also remove the 'hold up ball' if you have it checked. If you drop his mentality a little and keep his creative freedom high, he'll play like a defensive ball playing mid, i.e. Carrick.
You are talking about the second guy, right?

And themadsheep2001 is talking about the first one, right?

im talking about the first guy yeah. i play 4-4-2 as well. my central midfielder is fairly creative, but his job is to keep the side ticking over, chipping with assist and goals every now an then. he allows everyone else to go out and score

Yeah I meant the playmaker guy playing deep, if you want him to stay in the same position, un-check roaming and let the first guy be the key to open up the defence with some tricks if need be.

1st guy: Deep lying playmaker - Support
2nd guy: Inside Forward - Support
That should work all right, if not keep the 2nd guy as Advanced Playmaker.