A quick question

Reaction score
Sup guys, I'm completely new to this game and I'm trying to figure out if on the "Choose Nations" screen, when you're starting out, do you select all of the nations to be part of the game, or are you only selecting the nations you want to play in, but everything else will still be functioning?

Only the ones you want to play in. But you should have the 'main' leagues running, If your PC can handle it. So that is England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina. Plus any extras you wish. I usually also run Russia, Turkey, Belgium, South Korea, Australia (my country), and Japan (download the database from this site - includes players).

welcome to Fm-base and FM :)

1) loading up nations increases the number of players in the FM world, so if you like scouring these nations for players to choose from then I suggest loading up as much as your pc can handle, if loaded up as view only, you cannot manage in that nation and the first team players and a few reserves are only loaded up, meaning there are less players than having it set as playable

2) you can always add and remove nations (new Fm12 feature) though at the end of each season

3) the larger your database and nations loaded the more players there are, the more chance of world class regens being created each season

I load up at least 15 nations and 20 leagues playable with a large/huge database, I enjoy having thousands of players at my disposal, if you want the game to run really quickly then I suggest loading up just the nation you want to manage in, but remember, most players will not be loaded up and you will not be able to find them, this goes for staff as well!

Doesn't seem like my PC will handle any more than 6, I'm already at two stars for estimated game speed.

So I'm guessing selecting other leagues is to have a more in depth view of what's going on? All the other leagues will still be part of the game, right?

Doesn't seem like my PC will handle any more than 6, I'm already at two stars for estimated game speed.

So I'm guessing selecting other leagues is to have a more in depth view of what's going on? All the other leagues will still be part of the game, right?
IMO just ignore the stars. Mine is always at 1 star or half a star and it is fine.

Yup, I'm actually running on 9 nations and it seems fine.

Thanks a lot guys :D

Last edited:
i have nearly 300,000 players and it runs fine with countless leagues >.>

The game is not nearly as fun without all the extra players!

Back