• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

StLukeFM

Reaction score
SALFORD
View attachment 99226
Introduction
Founded in 1940, Salford are a semi-professional club playing the Vanarama National League North after winning promotion from the Northern premier League last season. They play their home games at Moor Lane and has average junior coaching and fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is known as The Ammies and has a fierce rivalry with FC United of Manchester. The club is in a very good spell in terms of trophies and every season creating history. Long may it continue. Peter Lim, the clubs owner has passed down the message to Karen Bird to find a suitable replacement for Anthony Johnson due to family commitments. It is reported, best friend and joint manager Bernard Morley is to stay at the club and offer his services as an assistant if the new manager allows him to do so.

Club Details
Nickname: The Ammies
Founded: 1940
Training Facilities:
Poor
Youth Facilities:
Basic
Youth Recruitment:
Basic
Finances:
Okay
Transfer Budget:
£9,450
Wage Budget:
£7199 (Currently spending: £5682)
League:
Vanarama National League North
Media Prediction: 4th

Candidates
View attachment 99225
Paul Scholes

Paul is a retired English footballer who played his entire professional career for Manchester United and is currently co-owner of Salford. He is the most decorated English footballer of all time, and one of the most successful footballers in history having won 25 trophies, featuring 11 Premier League titles and two Champions Leagues. Will the Class of 92 board appoint a man within to take them to the next level?

View attachment 99224
Roy Keane
Roy Keane is the current Ireland assistant manager however with heavy links to the co-owners he is a heavy favourite for the job. His personality matches what they had in Anthony Johnson, and has expressed his interest in the job due to his belief he can take them to the top. Kane is the joint most successful Irish footballer of all time, having won 19 major trophies. 17 of which was with the current co-owners at Manchester United.

View attachment 99223
StLukeFM
An outsider in the name of StLukeFM otherwise known as Luke is an outside consideration Salford have admitted to be considering during this interview process. He is the only manager linked from outside the club and has no direct links to the club in any way. Is this what the Salford board are looking for? Are they going to take a punt on this young manager in the hope he can take them to the top?

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS
View attachment 99221

Great news for the young manager, Luke has been appointed the new manager of Salford City. An outsider according the bookmakers, and has shocked the entire football league with the appointment. Luke participated in an interview after being announced, not having much to reveal apart from ensuring the Salford fans he his honoured to be appointed and hopes to get them another promotion this year. Luke is reported to be on a one year contract with the option for it to be rolled on depending if certain expectations are met. His first game is 6th of August against Gloucester, lets hope he can start with winning ways.

Overall, the squad is very good and with the budget given a few additions have been added which will be gone into further. I believe this side is good enough to get top 3, and that is exactly what we are aiming for. Alot of young and older talent that counter balances future and present, a lot of options in all departments and alot of very versatile players which will help up during the long and tough season.

Transfers
View attachment 99212

The budget wasn't exactly ideal but it allowed us to add a few additions that will help us with our promotion push. Ideally a bit of depth was needed in the midfield and a bit of first team quality was needed in the strike force. Lets see who we brought in.

Jordan Wynter
View attachment 99211

Playing a 3 center midfield formation, I thought it was necessary to bring in Jordan for depth but also the quality is there for rotation and incase of injuries. I was quite happy with the midfield but it was very streamlined if any injuries was to occur especially as three play at once. On a free transfer, Jordan was a very good deal in my eyes.

Peter Skapetis
View attachment 99210

Peter was a very good addition and one of the only additions that will more than likely be a first teamer for the season. As you can see he has great finishing, composure, speed, off the ball and decisions making him a perfect striker for this level and on a free transfer. He is our highest earner on 825 p/w, hopefully he can repay Salford with good performances.

Connor Cowan-Thompson
View attachment 99207

Connor is a very young talent at CB, previously at Rochdale this young lad is one for the future and is going to provide a backup for the first team and allow us to have multiple options incase of injury or poor performances. He also has the ability to be re-trained as CDM and I could be looking to do this in the future if need be.

Callum Harris
View attachment 99206

Another young centre midfielder has been signed to add another bit of quality to this midfield. He will be starting for us and is our third best centre mid currently at the club which makes him of good enough quality to get a starting spot. Callum was previously at Wolves and Blackburn and has made the step down to join us at Salford.

Callum Preston
View attachment 99205

Callum is going to be our backup keeper that is competing with Jay Lynch. His current ability and potential is alot better than Lynch's however I feel Callum will be slowly integrated into the squad especially as Jay has been a great servant for the club for the last two seasons.

Last edited:
August
View attachment 99202
View attachment 99201View attachment 99200

View attachment 99197

First game in management, I was hoping for a win. Gloucester are predicted to come 17th this season whilst Salford are predicted to come 4th. A good start to the season allows the momentum to go through and having a good start is really important. As you can see we should of come out clear winners having 16 shots to their 5, and having 61% of the possession. We should really be winning these games but I am sure we will improve in future games.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix

View attachment 99194
View attachment 99193View attachment 99192
View attachment 99191

A good response from the lads, away from home against Stalybridge. A very dominating performance once again, 17 shots to their 5 and 62% possession to their 38% a very good passing display allowed us to create a lot of chances and ended up in us scoring 3 goals. Very impressed with the first win of the season. Attempting 656 passes shows great intent and shows the philosophy of the formation is working well. James Poole impressed off the bench and got a goal.

Goalscorer(s): George Green, James Poole, Nick Naughton

View attachment 99189View attachment 99188View attachment 99187
View attachment 99186

First rivalry and first meeting with FC United of Manchester, very good performance from the lads. At the start, FC United started very strong and much better than we did which had me worried for the first 20 minutes of the game. Skapetis broke the deadlock on the 18th minute which opened them up and allowed us to keep the ball and create more opportunities which led to a quick fire double from George Green and Nick Naughton on the 33rd and 35th minute. On the 75th minute FC United got one back before James Poole came off the bench to add another goal to his tally.

Goalscorer(s): Peter Skapetis, George Green, Nick Naughton, James Poole

View attachment 99180View attachment 99179View attachment 99178
View attachment 99177
ANOTHER WIN! A hard fought win against Nuneaton. Dominating possession 58% - 42% however the performance was not as dominating as previous weeks. George Green once again on the scoresheet on the 52nd minute which won us the game. Patrick Brough had a MOM performance from Left Back with the assist for the goal getting an 8.2 match rating.

Goalscorer(s): George Green

View attachment 99175View attachment 99174View attachment 99173
View attachment 99172
First loss of the season.. AFC Fylde come better off and took their chances well. Possession does not always win you games, especially when your strikers don't take your chances. This particularly happens in lower league football. Fylde was 2-0 up at half time with an early goal on the 7th minute and another just before half time. A late strike from Naughton lowered the deficit and gave hope for the last 15minutes to possibly nick a draw however this wasn't the case. Fair play to Fylde.

Goalscorer(s): Nick Naughton

View attachment 99168View attachment 99167View attachment 99166
View attachment 99165
A good response from the lads, Home to Gainsborough. A very dominating performance once again running out clear winners. 14 shots to their 3 and 63% possession to their 37% a very good passing display allowed us to create a lot of chances and ended up in us scoring 2 goals. Very impressed with the win of the season. Attempting 752 passes shows great intent with Mike Phenix and George Green with the goals.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix, George Green

View attachment 99164View attachment 99163View attachment 99162
View attachment 99161
A disappointing loss against Curzon Ashton and I thought we was getting back to winning ways. Unfortunately this game was played 2 days after the previous game. They scored 2 goals without any clear cut chances as well as only having 34% possession really undeserved win in my opinion but we cant be losing games we are domination and simply should be converting more chances.

Goalscorer(s): Callum Harris

Last edited:
Unbelievably, the save was going so well! My football manager crashed yesterday and I was forced to factory reset my system for multiple reasons. Beforehand i didn't back up saves. I will be starting a new thread with the new salford story! Will be out shortly, very excited!

Back