A Swansea Love Story

• Thread starter Thread starter csmorant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

csmorant

Reaction score
This is my story, my story about how I plan to take a team that was close to bankruptcy and relegation from the football league not too long ago. The club has improved massively over the past few years, being one of few clubs self sufficient. I'll try to stick to this method of business, only selling what I make.

View attachment 217211

As you can tell from the above screenshot, it's quite a good squad. Whether it's premiership standard remains to be seen. With the wage budget not being the best, I'll have to sell players before I can buy.

View attachment 217214
Looking at this screenshot, it's easy to see how I can free up money on my wage bill with Butler, Orlandi, Cotterill, Dobbie and Beattie all set to leave soon.

My aim for my first season will be to avoid relegation, perhaps even finish in the upper lower table at a push.

Seeing as this is my first story, any help and advice would be awesome. :)

Good luck, Swansea are doing incredible in real life so it'll be interesting to see if you can do the same, or better

good luck m8.

since Michel Vorm is there, i am a huge fan of them! I will follow this story!

I done this a couple of months ago best i got was europa league if i remember rightly. Vorm gets alot of interest in january and summer

View attachment 217246
As you can tell from the screenshot above, we've managed to get rid of some of the high earners albeit releasing them. I've gone for a mix of youth and experience in this window. Youth for the hunger to succeed, experience for those games that need that little bit of know how. I'm also quite happy with the transfer fees, all paid in full and not installments so they won't threaten the clubs financial standing, nor will we end up paying for a player if any of them leave.

View attachment 217247
Pre-season on the whole went well. Some positive results on our tour of France and the game against Celtic. Hopefully we can take our performances from these games and have a successful season.

View attachment 217248
I think taking the financial side into account, this is a very strong squad. Fleck will be an exciting signing and with a £5m future fee, if it's a success and we stay up then hopefully I can sign him for what could be a bargain. JVOH is an experienced signing, with champions league experience. I'll rotate him and Graham based on competition and the opposition but keep Lita as an impact sub. If Romeu is as good as he is in real life, we've secured a big signing who could keep us in the division. And perhaps one of the most important players i've signed is Zuiverloon. With Rangel having a marking attribute of 9, it's important to have someone who is good at marking what with the vast array of attacking talent in the league, as well as his added versatility.

Newcastle (a) Liverpool (h) Everton (a) - Our games for August. Hopefully I can get at least 5 points from these games.

August 2011

View attachment 217257
In what turned out to be a surprising affair, it took an injury time winner to beat us. It tells you something about the game when there's genuine disapointment from losing a game. A draw was the least we deserved and had Sinclair put the chance away in the 85th minute we could've been celebrating 3 points on our Premier League debut. Not one to dwell on the past, an impressive passing performance made sure the team could hold their heads up high knowing they can mix it with the big teams.

View attachment 217258
With the league my priority, I used the carling cup to bring in any new signings who hadn't made their debut. Luque scored a well taken effort to give us the lead before Cheltenham struck back. Routledge scored what turned out to be the winner in the 72nd minute but with the chances we had and the domination of possession we should've scored more. My loan signing Yaya Sanogo also made his debut in this game. With his contract up at the end of the season, i'll try to get him on a free for next season in January.

View attachment 217259
First half was dire, but the second half performance was nothing short of sensational. A scrappy goal in the first half gave Everton the lead. We were sluggish and struggled to get into our stride. However at half time, I took off Romeu and put Routledge behind the striker with Sinclair and Dyer on the wings supporting Graham. Routledge won the game for Swansea by scoring our equaliser and taking the corner that led to Caulker scoring our second before a Howard own goal made sure of the victory.

With our first 3 points of the season assured, it'll give us that essential boost in our future matches. The manner in which we play is very impressive which can only get better.

View attachment 217263
11th in the table after two away games is impressive. If I can finish here it'll be even better.

Great away win at Goodison, but could you do more then 1 match per post? I love the creative stories, though, I made one called To The Top Of The World, maybe you could do a bit of interaction with the chairmen or with the fans or something, good luck csmorant!

Back