A Swedish Dream - To Win it all

August

k6vVBEc.png

The months just get busier and busier over the summer months as we try and get through as much of the season before the weather turns. In the league we had a good 4 games keeping 4 clean sheets and taking 10 of 12 points on offer. The big win for us though was the 3-0 victory over Malmo thanks to 2 goals from Tagseth and 1 from Musiala. The big games though were the Eurap Conference League qualifying and we were lucky with being able to easily over come Rapid Wien before having a fight of Scandenavia as we faced Danish side SonderjyskE who just weren't able to cope with us in the 1st leg meaning we could rotate the squad in the 2nd and we were able to make the group stages of the competition

C3a5OlO.png

I'd say our group for the Europa Conference League has been kind for us and I would be disappointed if we're not able to get out of this group. Any extra money we can generate from this will only come in handy further down the line.​

Over the course of the month we've had to deal with the transfer windows of major Europeans and now have a 2 unhappy players as we rejected offers from PSG, Juventus and Mayern Munich for Edvard Tagseth and Jesper Daland as they were trying to get them on the cheap and not meet the value we have on the players.

League

Ylw5eO9.png

We have a 5 point lead at the top of the table. Could this be our season already?

September

uC5VhXo.png

Only the 8 games this month as we have our first major taste of European football

Sweden Squad

eTIAQn3.png

We have gone with a strong squad and called up some of the younger players who will be the future of this team so lets start getting them use to International football as soon as we can.

Sweden Fixtures

n60vE2k.png

My reign starts with a couple of easy games and we will look to make the most and hopefully we can walk away with 6 points and hand some players their debuts as well.

September

QrnFTdU.png

Well its been a busy ole month as we've had 6 games in the league along with the two Europa Conference League games. In the league we had a solid month and finally managed to record a win against our bogey team IK Sirius. It only took 4 attempts to beat them and even then it was a struggle but we did have a 2nd string team out. We've taken to rotating the squad now as well to make sure that our players are always going to be raring to go in Europe as we want our best possible team out to get as far as we can. In the league we did have one mix up though against Kalmar FF and the team that beat IK Sirius weren't able to perform the same heroics and got hammered. We were 4-0 down at one point so lucky to start getting back into the game at the end.

In the Europa Conference League we have started off well with a draw against PAOK who were always going to be our toughest game in the group stages. They equalised with 10 minutes left of the game which was annoying but hopefully we can do better in the away leg. In the next game we needed a big performance and we delivered as we ran out 5-1 winners against FCSB. Tagseth seems to be performing whenever he is given the chance now to try and keep his hopes of a big transfer in the next window if people meet our asking price as he scored 2 goals that night in a man of the match performance.

Youth Intake

BWISjev.png

Well the youth intake looks like we don't have anybody who is really going to make a difference in the long run but it looks like there might be one or two who might make the senior squad one day so we'll wait and see.

League

TaIqwpY.png

We're top of the league and it will be impressive if we manage to throw it away now.

October

S2O4Y5f.png

A busy month but by the end of it we should be crowned League champions which is all that matters.

Sweden Results

Ruj7BWJ.png

In the Slovenia game the players were getting use to how I wanted them to play as it was a big change from how the previous manager had them set-up but we managed to grind out the result after we got pegged back twice before finding a late winner. Lithuania didn't provide a challenge at all as they were swept aside thanks to a great hat-trick by Viktor Claesson cutting in from the left wing. The youngsters that were called up were all given their debuts as well to start a long international career.

Sweden Squad

UkI36vP.png

We stick with the same squad from last time as we want a smooth progression to the world cup.

Sweden Fixtures

On5km63.png

The San Marino game is going to be a walk in the park but the Denmark game is going to be my first big test and its also my first chance to see if we're the best Nordic team at international level.​

October

48tWE7O.png

It was a strange way to start the month as we had back to back games against Djurgardens IF which was obviously much easier at home rather than away but we had to rotate the team for the away game to rest our players for Europe 2 days later which paid dividends as we managed to sneak a 2-1 win against Slovan Bratislava. The game against IFK Norrkoping is the game that won us the title and it was even more special to follow it up with a 4-1 win in front of our own fans. The final game was a good way to end the season and was close to being perfect as we came back from 2-0 down at half time to be leading 3-2 before conceding a late equaliser but it gave the fans a good game and thats what matters in the final game when there is nothing to play for.

We made one signing this month and its a player we had been tracking since his contract at Juventus expired and we were lucky that nobody signed him up as he has great potential and hopefully he can fulfil that with us. Hans Nicolussi Caviglia is a Mezzala who has the potential to play as a playmaker. He has come through the Juventus youth ranks and spent time out on loan at Perugia and Parma gaining some first team experience.

tePZbUA.png

League

YT99GKC.png

The league is over for us now and we are champions with a 9 point lead over Malmo which shows that again next season its going to be a close run season so we can't get a head of ourselves quite yet.

The win means we will also be in the Champions league next season which I didn't think was happening but I won't complain even if it probably is the first qualifying round for it.

70bRTSe.png

To get us ready for the Champions League we have a transfer budget of £3,100,000 pounds so it will be interesting to see who we are able to bring in but we will be looking at younger players more than likely

FL0Gxmt.png

Nov/Dec

TgtNj9G.png

3 games left as we just have to see out the group stage and hopefully we will finish top and be seeded for the next round.

Sweden Results

Wx2e4zs.png

The San Marino game was always going to be a walkover and Alexander Isak was the main man here scoring 5 of the 7 goals. The Denmark game was tough and we even fell behind right on half time but thankfully the son of a legend saved us as Jordan Larsson got the goal to rescue us a draw.

Sweden Fixtures

WCMgodr.png

We round off the world cup qualifying in November with 3 final games which should be straight forward enough for us to qualify top of the group.​

Doing the same project with a norwegian team. Love keeping up with this as well. Keep it coming!

Nov/Dec

IrfdRNZ.png

It was strange only having 3 games across 2 months but it meant our players were fighting fit and raring to go in the 3 games. The victory against Slovan Bratislava was enough to see us qualify from the group but it was all thanks to another hat-trick from Barisic. Its scary how many goals he's scored this season for somebody so young. Against PAOK we had to come from behind to get the point in again another hard fought game against them. Finally we played the whipping boys of the group FCSB where Barisic scored an incredible 5 goals. I fully expect him to get a double hat-trick soon enough though. The goals in this game mean that Barisic has scored a crazy 43 goals in 42 games. Its going to be tough to hold onto him over the years but we'll see how long we can keep him for.

The final table

cFqOG5d.png

well finishing top of the table means that we actually go straight into the second knockout round of the competition meaning we're just one round away from the quarter finals.

Svenska Cupen Group

TJB61WX.png

Its what should be a pretty straight forward group for us to progress from.

Sweden Results

hbQBcEi.png

The result against Serbia was unexpected as I didn't expect such a big win but when Kulusevski scored within the opening minute then I new it was going to be a good game for us and we destroyed them thanks to further goals from Nygren, Isak and Svanberg which shows that I've made the right decision to go with youth in this squad as Svanberg was the oldest scorer at 23. Against Slovenia I decided to rotate the squad a bit for fresh legs and Viktor Claesson's goal just before half time was enough for to be told that we were finishing top of the group. The final game against Lithuania was tougher than I would have liked but Jordan Larsson got on the score sheet after only 3 minutes before Robin Quaison got the equaliser after 22 minutes. It was good to finish on a high and now we need to get ready for the world cup in the winter of 2022.​

Sorry guys this has come to a premature end as played a head a bit and was just far too easy, will hopefully be back with a bit more of a challenge soon