A Thorn in the Side of the Big 4: A Baggies Story

COYB55

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was going to do a story with Reading but I felt there wasn't sufficient interest (just 13 votes on the who I should be poll). So I have started this story with West Brom, I hope you all enjoy it.

My short term aims:
  • to put any relegation worries to bed
  • to qualify for the Europa League within 3 years
  • win a domestic cup
​My long term aims
  • qualify for Champions League
  • become one of the "Big Four"
  • challenge for the title
  • get a new stadium
Key Players

Romelu Lukaku
View attachment 270037A great physical presence with a goal or two up his sleeve, Lukaku will be crucial to our hopes of a mid table finish.

Chris Brunt
View attachment 270042A club icon and our captain, Brunt's creativity and work ethic will always be useful

Ben Foster
View attachment 270044Once billed as the future of Manchester United and England, Foster's shot stopping and command of his area could win us games.

Transfer budget: £7.25m
Targets: Michael Owen (free)
Tom Huddlestone (listed)
Jordan Rhodes
Steven Caulker (loan)

*If you liked the start please leave a comment or a like, and suggestions of transfer targets and constructive criticism are welcomed.

Nice start, Caulker is a beast strongly recommend loaning him in.

I am following mate I like these simple but interesting stories. Keep it up.

Nice start, Caulker is a beast strongly recommend loaning him in.
I probably will, depends whether he wants Nott Forest or us..., thanks for reading mate :) loving your southampton story, I'll be doing them in my 1st FM13 story :)

Pre-season and transfers

Pre season fixtures

View attachment 270158
*I have edited out the bottom fixture because I don't want to give away my first result.

Some good results against PSG and Standard Liege.

Transfers
View attachment 270159

INS: I am ecstatic at the way we've strengthened our squad. I have raised some eyebrows with the signing of Naylor, but the club had literally no left backs and I had a bit of panic buying. Sinclair is a huge coup for the club, and I fended off interest from Liverpool and West Ham to secure his signature. Figueroa is a great signing, and I've always liked him as a player. Huddlestone was a bargain, and Caulker is a beast. £2.7m for Thomas plus Whelan is a great deal. If Owen can stay fit, he'll be a great signing.
OUTS: I needed to get rid of Fortune, he has wages of 25k per week! £4.5m is good for a squad player who isn't really needed. The rest were just loans for players to get experience.

​Who likes the story so far? Please drop a like and/or comment! :)

Good luck hope the beast Romelu bangs in the goals for you ;)

Bargain for Sinclair there!!!!

Bargain for Sinclair there!!!!
Yeah, especially with most of it being in installments. Its not really cheating to use installments... but it sort of is... but I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt

August

Results

West Brom 1-0 Aston Villa
Lukaku 90'

Wigan 1-3 West Brom
Brunt '5
Sinclair '28
Lukaku '43

West Brom 0-0 Stoke

Capital One Cup

Dagenham and Redbridge 0-1 West Brom
Rosenberg '10

Player of the Month
Chris Brunt - Has maintained a rating of above 8.00 in all 3 games he's started

Young Player of the Month
Romelu Lukaku - Won Premiership Young player of the month so couldn't really argue. Put in some top performances.
I got 3rd in manager of the month, Di Matteo won it despite playing only two games. Hmmm. A good start, unbeaten as WBA manager in competitive games and I'm hoping we can get a good cup run going, we have Doncaster in 3rd round. My key players have been great, Lukakau and Brunt picking up our POTM awards and Foster got MOTM against Wigan. Thanks for reading and thanks for all the comments. I've just remembered, we had a loan id accepted for Kyle Naughton but we had too many domestic loan players apparently. Bastards.

Yeah, especially with most of it being in installments. Its not really cheating to use installments... but it sort of is... but I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt
Not cheating at all mate lol

September

Results

Southampton 2-2 West Brom
Long '21, '53

West Brom 2-1 Arsenal
Lukaku '6
Long '8

Everton 0-0 West Brom

Capital One Cup

West Brom 3-0 Doncaster
Brunt '9
Owen '59, '88

Still unbeaten in the league. Suck it. We played amazing against Arsenal. Everton battered our buttocks but Caulker and Olsson had the game of their lives. We have a real chance in the cup after drawing Wimbledon in the last 16 of the Capital One Cup. Lukaku is a beast, I'm gutted that I don't have a chance of getting him on a permanent deal, I've enquired at Chelsea but they're quoting 34 million. The bastards.

Player of the Month
Steven Caulker - His defensive work has been first class, putting in amazing tackles and interceptions to get us points at Everton and vs Arsenal

Young Player of the Month
Shane Long - 3 goals in 3 games, the little Irishman has been causing defences major problemos, as Neil would say.

Please leave a like or comment if you're enjoying the story, personally I'm loving it!

This is looking good! Great signings too mate. Could you put a few more screenshots here and there though? Otherwise, great start!

Good start to the season so far. Picking up from where "Woy" left off.