davegutt0512

Reaction score
So this story begins on the back of my previous "Career In Football" story, Unfortunatley the save file became corrupted on the transition between the Beta version and the full version of the game. A shame as I was doing fairly well at Hyde and was enjoying the game, although I always find its never quite the same trying to replicate a save again.

This new story will be the same in some ways however I will be starting out as a manager of a randomly chosen team, as i found starting unemployed very restrictive. It will be a lower league team and the premise will be the same to try and become the most successful manager in history.

Wether this be achieved by finding all this success at one club or by being somewhat of a journeyman, the way the game plays out will dictate that, but my aims are the same as always, to win as much as possible in the world of football and to retire sitting at the top of the Hall Of Fame.

So..... you may have guessed which team was chosen at random for me to begin this game with...

View attachment 329959
Yes thats right "The Wombles" AFC Wimbledon

AFC Wimbledon are one of the newest clubs in English football after Wimbledon relocated to Milton Keynes in 2002
Since then they have managed to establish themselves as a Football League club and I am personally relishing the opportunity to start at a club like this.

I am expected to finish 18th in League 2 this year, and I have a reasonable squad in place to achieve this.

View attachment 329957
View attachment 329956
These will be two of my key players this season I think, I will be putting a lot of faith in these two to fire in the goals to keep me in the league, not only these 2 but the whole team will have to rally together to achieve what we want to this season.

View attachment 329948
Kingsmeadow is the home of AFC Wimbledon, it has a maximum capacity of 4465, half of which are seated, if we want to progress far we will need to start looking at more land already.​

good luck and lets hope the real Wimbledon can get to the Prem because what a story that will be and you got the beast upfront!

Pre-Season

View attachment 329870

Sutton Utd 0 - 1 AFC Wimbledon
(Kennedy)

AFC Wimbledon 2 - 0 Bristol Rovers
(Rigg 2)

Soham 1 - 2 AFC Wimbledon
(Tubbs, Smith)

AFC Wimbledon 4 - 5 Cardiff City
(Phillips 2, Moore, Akinfenwa)

Eastbourne Boro 1 - 6 AFC Wimbledon
(Barrett, Lawton, Rigg, Akinfenwa 3 )

After a relatively short Pre-season period I am happy with our results and the progress of our side and the new faces added to the squad.
A particular highlight for me was actually our only defeat of the pre-season but it was a spirited performance against the recently Premier League relegated and strong Cardiff City side, we managed to stay in the game for the entire 90 minutes only to lose at the very end, but our side stood up very well to a team which really should have had a comfortable win against us.
I expected Akinfenwa to be a key player for us this season and he has started well scoring 4 goals in only 3 apps.

View attachment 329866
There wasn't too much movement in the transfer window, I brought in Lawton on loan from Coventry to add depth and a challenge for a MC slot, I needed to bring in a new goalkeeper as the 2 currently at the club really are not remotely good enough for this league and what i want to achieve.

The players that left were all in the u21's and have no chance to progress any further, I released them really to free up the wage budget.

I am hoping to bring in another LM but as the wage budget is very tight, I will only do this if the right player becomes available.​