ohmy

Reaction score
Well, to start of, this is my tactics
View attachment 248221View attachment 248220

My tactics was working fine, but it would be good to have a plan b. So, do you guys think there is a weakness in the tactic? And what kind of tactic will be best suited to counter the weakness?

Thanks in advance ;)

cant see a major weakness from just looking at the screenshots. What results have you been getting mate?

cant see a major weakness from just looking at the screenshots. What results have you been getting mate?

Usually 2-0's or 3-0's, but nowadays I seem to get a lot of 2-1's which is why I want a backup plan. Hope it helps

The Defensive of your CM pairing is a BWM, I'd imagine he will close down players a lot so could leave this gap fairly exposed in front of your defence. Also the AML with his role is less likely to help back when you have the ball, so you could see opponents target quick counters by drawing the BWM over to your right and then trying to get the ball to your left as quickly as possible. Maybe as a backup use a couple of different roles for the defensive of the midfielders and if you've got a lead you want to hold you could potentially change the AML's role, but you don't want to lose your attacking threat which I imagine he provides a big part to.

I'd firstly look at how the team are getting goals against you though, as that could help you see the main issue, whether it is a role getting drawn out of position or if there is a particular area that is getting hit each time. I'd also make sure it's not your defenders being caught on the ball.

Overall the tactic looks fine so I wouldn't change it if it is working still. Maybe just having a backup for when you've got the lead I guess!

I guess I'll try making a 4-1-2-2-1 with a holding dm for my backup plan then...

Thanks guys! Your advice helps a lot :D

I guess I'll try making a 4-1-2-2-1 with a holding dm for my backup plan then...

Thanks guys! Your advice helps a lot :D

You don't need a DM, just a proper holding mid role....in your case, either a CMd or DLPd

Just like Igneos said, you don't need a DM, but if you are finding your goals conceded are caused from the BWM/D being out of position, you may want a more suitable role like CM/D or DLP/D but I'd imagine the latter would mean changing your DLP/S role too. I'd also keep an eye on your left back as I imagine teams would target that area if they find they can catch him out when he is supporting the AML. Maybe just watch a few of the goals you concede back over as it could give you an idea!