AC Milan First Season Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Lord_Slop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6K

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, I've taking on the reins of AC Milan earlier today, first season in July 2009.

Transfer budget of USD 27 MM and Salaries budget of USD 2.9 MM of which USD 2.7 MM are utilised.

I've checked the team and here are my concerns.

1. First team age average is quite high, with key players well into their 30's.
2. Wing backs available are Zambrotta (L/R), Oddo (R) and Antonini (L/R) which means that I need one more to keep depth in the team.
3. Inzaghi is 35, I don't see him going furhter than this season, I'd like to keep him though for a potential staff position, so I'll need a fourth striker to supplement Boriello, Pato and Huntelaar.
4. The staff is amongst the weakest I've seen, I have nobody with higher fitness coaching than 8, but I do have empty slots for fitness coaching.
5. Also on staff, all the coaches, first team coaches and assistant manager do not have any attribute higher than 14 when it comes to attack, defense, tactics and technical.

On the upside, I have the most talented set of youngsters I've seen, covering all positions, the youth academy is top notch and the youth coaches are ideal, which means that I will have a pipeline of new talent, however all under 18 years of age.

My questions are:

1. Should I start promoting my youngsters in the first season and risk burning them out before they're mature enough, or should I wait for 1 or 2 seasons?
2. I'm considering firing the whole staff, what effect will this have on my team as a whole, will the performance drop?
3. If I am to leave the youngsters in the youth team, should I fill the gaps through transfers or just maneuvre myself with what I've got?
4. If I go for transfers should I go for young players (20 to 22) or opt for experienced players (28 and up)?

Thank you all for the time you took in reading and hopefully replying to this post.

1) sell all your high earning backup players (keep your best older players for a year or two to help tutor your youngsters and have that experience needed in big games)

2) choose to promote your best youngsters into the 1st team sqaud for the season (Zigoni, Pato (of course) Di Gennaro, Abate, Albertazzi etc) you will only make them better, not burn them out :D

3) mutally terminate all of the staff that you do not want, keep some as some players may have them listed as favourite personel and if you fire them all, this may upset the balance of your sqaud.

4) definately make some transfers (try use *** manager team report and see what he thinks the weakest part is as he is one of the best *** managers in the game;) then search for players that would fit into your setup)

5) a good mixture of experience and youth is definately needed in my opinion, get your older players to constantly tutor your youngsters...

6) please feel free to PM me if you require any suggestions with regards to purchases ;)
(definately consider Consigli - Atalanta as Gk, he becomes World Class after 3 seasons or so)

Thank you very much for the much needed excellent advice, I notice you mentioned the youngsters by name which means and AC Milan expert. ;)

Thank you very much for the much needed excellent advice, I notice you mentioned the youngsters by name which means and AC Milan expert. ;)
its a pleasure mate, nah not an AC Milan expert, just know my youngsters :D
feel free to PM with anything else, will gladly help mate ;)

With Milan's reputation i think u can at least sign a 4-stars staff for each training catergories, so no worries just change the whole staff team!
Assistant is quite important as i beg u won't attend presses urself, so replace it if he's not good enough as well!
In my exp, u should try not to play ur youngsters under 18 an important role, as they are quite inconsistent... Just bring 2-3 on as subsitute if they are your key prospects, and keep them in your under 18 squad all the time (they will still develop well if trained right)
Milan is not a bad team with great DMs, get 1 towering CB, a good side back (criscito) & a top GK it will be very difficult to concede a goal...

With Milan's reputation i think u can at least sign a 4-stars staff for each training catergories, so no worries just change the whole staff team!
Assistant is quite important as i beg u won't attend presses urself, so replace it if he's not good enough as well!
In my exp, u should try not to play ur youngsters under 18 an important role, as they are quite inconsistent... Just bring 2-3 on as subsitute if they are your key prospects, and keep them in your under 18 squad all the time (they will still develop well if trained right)
Milan is not a bad team with great DMs, get 1 towering CB, a good side back (criscito) & a top GK it will be very difficult to concede a goal...

Ok, about the goalkeeper, I noticed that both of you mentioned it, while Abbiati is injured for 3 months, I have Dida and Roma, both not excellent and both at 35 years of age, I was considering a goal keeper, but Abbiati is quite good and still has 5 to 8 seasons in him, so I'd rather shuffle with my existing old-timers for the first half of the season, then sell one of and bring in a youngster as a sub for Abbiat, as I think he deserves to maintain his first choice status.

Think this should work or should I just get me a quality one, Akinfeev for example.

I always try to get Mats Rits for CM, will cost sod all and turns out great (Pirlo tutor him, hes only 15!)

Guilermo Ochoa - America Mex
View attachment 90837
Renan - Botafogo
View attachment 90840
Marco Amelia - Genoa (Italian)
View attachment 90843
Andrea Consigli - Atalanta
View attachment 90842
Diego Benaglio - Wolfsburg
View attachment 90836
Manuel Neuer - Schalke
View attachment 90839
Maarten Stekelenburg - Ajax
View attachment 90838
Sebastian Frey - Fiorentina
View attachment 90841
Silviu Lung Jnr - U Craivo
View attachment 90844
Samir Handanovic - Udinese (great reflexes)
View attachment 90845
Gomes - Tottenham
View attachment 90846
Tim Wiese - Werder Bremen
View attachment 90847
Rui Patracio - Sporting (bit on the younger side but good keeper)
View attachment 90850
Sergio Asenjo - Atletico Madrid
View attachment 90848
Oscar Ustari - Getafe
View attachment 90849
Sergio Romero - Az
View attachment 90851

as well as the usuals, Akinfeev and Adler, Lloris, Mandanda :wub:

anymore else, let me know​

Mate you need free fitness coaches then try Paul Winsper, Peter Davidson, Manuel Delgado Meco. They'll give you 4,5 stars in fitness. if you need more help on building your staff id be here to help :)

And if you are looking for goalkeepers, Lloris have been the most solid one for me. There was a season where his worth went up to £30.5m and if you dont have that much money to spend check out Vincent Enyeama as hes been always a decent given the call. :)

Whoa, that's so much effort you've put in there guys, much appreciated really, I'm speachless about the amount of data collected here :)

People are here to help so if you have a problem regarding fm then just ask. :)

Back