Ac Milan vs Real Madrid analysis.

chelsea&jose

Reaction score
A sea of black and red will clash with the familiar pristine white of Real Madrid.Two european giants will kick of at the famous San Siro_One will be looking to qualify for the knockout stages,the other will be hoping not to drop more points.Basically,it all boils down to a few questions:Can Milan keep up with Real's attacking flair?Is Milan going to play a little more offensive to try and get the win,or just sit back and wait for the counter attacking chance to strike?

For Real,they would most likely field the usual 4-2-3-1 formation however i'm not sure if they are going to field Benzema.Real would definitely try to get a win at the San Siro and would play as they did the last time against Milan at the Bernebeu,if not more offensive.

49038-ac-milans-ronaldinho-is-challenged-by-real-madrids-carvalho-.jpg

As for Milan,the big question is whether coach Allegri will play defensive or more attacking.See,if Milan were to play it offensive,which under such circumstances(four points out of a maximum of nine points) would be rational,then they really have to be prepared to go and win it.Playing more attacking by nature leaves more space at the back.Thus there are more chances for the skilful Real madrid attack with the likes of Mesut Ozil,Cristiano Ronaldo,Angel Di Maria and Gonzalo Higuian to go rampant against the aged Milan defence.Milan will hope to get goals but if they dont,then they are in big trouble.Milan would most likely play Ronaldinho(not sure if he can make a difference),Alexander Pato,Zlatan Ibrahimovic,Robinho-this are the players who make up the Milan attack.We all know they are of some quality,but perfection is what Milan need if they are hoping to beat the Galcacticos.

Milan could take another approach to the game.The Rossoneri could play defensive and just sit back waiting for the right moment to strike.Milan know that if they sit back and play defensive or just "park the bus in front of the goal line"may well reduce the chances of Real scoring.Of course Real may still score but at least it reduces the chances of it happening.

When Milan does that they are allowing Real more space and freedom to roam into the Milan half.This leaves Real's defence and midfield quite distant but that also means that Real have more opportunities to create in the milan half.Milan has to be beware of that.The Rossoneri would just lure Real's players deeper into their half hoping that there would be a defensive mistake or mistiming of defensive runs and Milan will counter attack.Allegri has to know that such chances do not come easily and Milan has to counter attack with pace,tenacity and deft.

One thing's for sure,Real would most likely be dominating that match.Their full back would be dominating the sides,the attacking trio of Ronaldo,Higuian,Ozil and Di Maria would definitely pose a threat.Ronaldo would be cutting in to try and score or make a defence splitting pass,there would be lots of tricks from him too.Higuain is the main target man for Real,although i still doubt his deftness in front of goal in big matches.Next is the wonderboy from germany,Ozil.No one doubts his quality and expect him to be roaming around causing problems for Rino Gattusso.Di Maria would also pose another attacking threat.

Based on the previous meeting against in which Real won 2-0,Real were extremely dominant in the side areas and their full back pushed forward.They got the better of Milan's flanks and Ronaldo was a constant hassle for Gattusso and Zambrotta.When Real did not have the ball,they focused on not allowing Milan any space for forward passes and their positioning was superb.This has always been emphasized by Mourinho"position football is more important than possesion football"

However when Milan did not have the ball,they were not effective in closing down spaces for Real and their pressing was terrible.Milan's attacking duo of Ibrahimovic and Pato were more of wingers as they ventured into wide spaces.But,this did not stop Real's full backs to surge forward.Milan used a 4-3-1-2 formation while Real used their usual 4-2-3-1.The latter would always have an advantage against the former as the full back are allowed to roam more freely.The advantage of 4-3-1-2 is that it has an extra midfielder but Milan have never really capitalised on that.

The match in San Siro would be a cracking match between two european super giants with 16 european titles between them.However there can only be one winner in this group stage game.Ultimately it looks like Real have the upper hand but who knows,Milan could pull of a win in their home ground.

I'm thinking AC Milan 3 - 1 Real Madrid with Ronaldo to be kept quiet but score a free-kick, and Ronaldinho to get two assists in a stunning win.

Elaborate predictions ftw.

Wow.That's brave.As a Milan fan myself im not too confident of a win against Real.Im predicting a 1-1 draw.

well i like Inter milan for their style of play but i dont really support them.The one i really support is Ac Milan.

Milan couldn't deal with Juve last league game and Krasic wasn't even playing. 2-1 to Madrid

AC Milan would probably try to counter-attack due to the attacking tendencies of the Real-Madrid Full-Backs but I have doubts over whether they can bring the ball out of the box fast enough as their players are not really noted for their speed, I can honestly see Ozil dominating the match due to his movement and AC Milan must keep a spare man at the back to deal with him. Gattuso and Pirlo will have to cover the flanks to prevent Marcelo and S.Ramos from maruading forward and the AC Milan defenced will have to play narrow as Ronaldo and Di Maria will look to cut in to provide support for Higuan

I think Real will score first with Cristiano Ronaldo only to be drawn level with a goal from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

I think 1-1 tonight, AC should step up their game

all the teams need to score early in the game and who score irst they win

haha.You serious?i guess not.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Hi Nick!Chelsea fan!