AC Milan..

• Thread starter Thread starter PA11111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4K

PA11111

Reaction score
Havent played the game since before christmas so gonna try get back into it with a save playing as milan. any tips on how to go about it i tried one before as them but gave up after 10 games only won 1 did terrible

Funny you asked. As I am playing an AC Milan save right now. I wanted to restore them for glory.

First thing off the bat, don't expect to win the Series A in the first season. Juventus was invincible the first season for some reason, only lost 1 game all season and ran away with the title.

However don't be discouraged. I managed to seal a 3rd place finish and qualify for champions league play the next season.

Here's what you need to do right off the bat -- make sure you keep De Sciglio and El Shaarawy. These guys will be key players for you. Sign them to contract extensions if you have to but keep them with your club longterm.

You start off with a small transfer kitty, so sell off some dead weight right away.
These are the players I sold in season 1:

Keisuke Honda 7m
Nigel de Jong 6.5m
Ignazio Abate 6.25m
Giampaolo Pazzini 4.1m
Riccardo Montalivo 2.5m
Michael Essien 550k
Philip Mexes 425k
Daniele Bonera 190k

So that gave me roughly 30m more pounds to play with.
Keep in mind that Series A rule limits you to 2 transfers of non-EU nationals per year.
In practical terms this means that if you want to dip into the talent hotbeds of Brazil or Argentina, you can only get 2 of them so make them count!

I chose to acquire DC Alvarez Balanta for 7.25m from River and CM Lucas Romero for 7.75m from Velez. I'm into my 3rd season now and these are still 2 of the best players at my club.

Lucas Romero has won European Golden Boy twice, Best player in Series A 3 times, and World Player of the Year once.

Your experience may vary of course but those two are very solid building blocks.

I also added DC Vallejo for 675k, LB Sallahi for 500k, AMC Vlasic for 525k, and RB Peruzzi for 3.9m, and ST Belfodil for 3.2m.

Peruzzi is a very good backup player for the money. Belfodil didn't really do much for me. Once Torres' loan expired I went after and got a much better striker for the longterm in Richairo Zivkovic.

I tried to sign Munir but he chose to sign extension with Barcelona instead. Drat!

So I loaned Samper from Barcelona for a season, he played a treat. But after loan finished he wasn't interested in being bought and... signed extension with Barca instead. Drat again!

The key to success imo is pick up 2 good tactics. One for home games and one for away games.
And maybe have a 3rd one in your back pocket just in case neither of those are working.

Keep building up your talent season by season as Ac Milian will give you increasingly larger transfer budgets over the years. In fact in season 3, AC Milan was taken over by a consortium in my save. And at the beginning of season 4 they gave me a 60m transfer kitty to use!! *wow*

By season 2-3 in my save, Napoli got stronger and Juventus got weaker. No obvious reason for this. Maybe Juventus just got old? Anyways I managed to win Series A twice in those seasons and also won the Champions Cup in the 3rd season by beating Manchester United in the Finals.

Season 2 AC Milan 1st, Napoli 2nd, Juventus 3rd
Season 3 AC Milan 1st, Napoli 2nd, Juventus 3rd

If you have any more questions feel free to give me a shout on this thread. :-)

Last edited:
Another way to "make" some dosh is to terminate Torres' loan as that saves you 116k in wages. Buy Zaza instead.

Another player to look at for a mere 5m is the god that is SANSONE.

you got El-Sha and De Scig what could go wrong ? you actually can sell them for a buttload of money and build a brand new team with the money seriously they really in demand

I'm ac milan fans but always avoiding Milan in FM, if I lose a game managing milan to the likes of juve or inter I got so mad it's not good for my keyboard

First thing off the bat, don't expect to win the Series A in the first season. Juventus was invincible the first season for some reason, only lost 1 game all season and ran away with the title.
funny you said that, i just finished my first season and lo and behold !!
View attachment 301494
the mighty inter beat juve to the tittle with 6 pts, take that allegri

Last edited:
Funny you asked. As I am playing an AC Milan save right now. I wanted to restore them for glory.

However don't be discouraged. I managed to seal a 3rd place finish and qualify for champions league play the next season.

Here's what you need to do right off the bat -- make sure you keep De Sciglio and El Shaarawy. These guys will be key players for you. Sign them to contract extensions if you have to but keep them with your club longterm.

You start off with a small transfer kitty, so sell off some dead weight right away.
These are the players I sold in season 1:

Keisuke Honda 7m
Nigel de Jong 6.5m
Ignazio Abate 6.25m
Giampaolo Pazzini 4.1m
Riccardo Montalivo 2.5m
Michael Essien 550k
Philip Mexes 425k
Daniele Bonera 190k

So that gave me roughly 30m more pounds to play with.
Keep in mind that Series A rule limits you to 2 transfers of non-EU nationals per year.
In practical terms this means that if you want to dip into the talent hotbeds of Brazil or Argentina, you can only get 2 of them so make them count!

I chose to acquire DC Alvarez Balanta for 7.25m from River and CM Lucas Romero for 7.75m from Velez. I'm into my 3rd season now and these are still 2 of the best players at my club.

Lucas Romero has won European Golden Boy twice, Best player in Series A 3 times, and World Player of the Year once.

Your experience may vary of course but those two are very solid building blocks.

I also added DC Vallejo for 675k, LB Sallahi for 500k, AMC Vlasic for 525k, and RB Peruzzi for 3.9m, and ST Belfodil for 3.2m.

Peruzzi is a very good backup player for the money. Belfodil didn't really do much for me. Once Torres' loan expired I went after and got a much better striker for the longterm in Richairo Zivkovic.

I tried to sign Munir but he chose to sign extension with Barcelona instead. Drat!

So I loaned Samper from Barcelona for a season, he played a treat. But after loan finished he wasn't interested in being bought and... signed extension with Barca instead. Drat again!

The key to success imo is pick up 2 good tactics. One for home games and one for away games.
And maybe have a 3rd one in your back pocket just in case neither of those are working.

Keep building up your talent season by season as Ac Milian will give you increasingly larger transfer budgets over the years. In fact in season 3, AC Milan was taken over by a consortium in my save. And at the beginning of season 4 they gave me a 60m transfer kitty to use!! *wow*

By season 2-3 in my save, Napoli got stronger and Juventus got weaker. No obvious reason for this. Maybe Juventus just got old? Anyways I managed to win Series A twice in those seasons and also won the Champions Cup in the 3rd season by beating Manchester United in the Finals.

Season 2 AC Milan 1st, Napoli 2nd, Juventus 3rd
Season 3 AC Milan 1st, Napoli 2nd, Juventus 3rd

If you have any more questions feel free to give me a shout on this thread. :-)

great advice here my man.i will definitley sign balanta and romero they were two players i had my eyes on aswell as khune, odegaard and a top striker

will crack into it tomorrow

You start off with a low transfer budget, so to bring in good players, make sure to remove players with no use and high wages like Mexes, Muntari, Essien.

I preferred to keep De Jong and Abate as they still had use to me.

As @vcjsmoke you get a higher budget year by year, I even got a takeover in the third season.

Juve is always a tough enemy when it comes to the league, too.
I've won the league twice, i'm in my fourth year, but still haven't been able to conquer the Champions League!

This is my team now http://i.gyazo.com/8cf5ea6ff38c936fbc4e079b089cf424.jpg
Definitely need a new CDM soon
any recommendations on a Halfback in the 4th season

great advice here my man.i will definitley sign balanta and romero they were two players i had my eyes on aswell as khune, odegaard and a top striker

they're both so very very good and very affordable I felt almost like cheating, and a top DC with good acc and pace like Balanta is so rare in the game, and his attributes kind of remind me of young Thiago Silva when I use to buy him first thing in every new game from Fluminense but minus good penalty taking and free kick like silva, they have similar height too

strange thing is I can bid for them in the first transfer window (I bought Romero in january transfer due to lack of transfer funds) without any competition from other club so i can negotiate slowly to get the best price, here's how much I ended up bought them for
View attachment 301493

You start off with a low transfer budget, so to bring in good players, make sure to remove players with no use and high wages like Mexes, Muntari, Essien.

I preferred to keep De Jong and Abate as they still had use to me.

As @vcjsmoke you get a higher budget year by year, I even got a takeover in the third season.

I've won the league twice, i'm in my fourth year, but still haven't been able to conquer the Champions League!

what kind of halfback do you want ? the bully stronger than ox type ? if that's what you need try my player Victor Wanyama, STR:20, BALANCE:19, DET:17, BRAV:19, AGR:17, TACK:17 ..he is simply Gattuso mark II

his stats after first season, he's only 23 so probably 26 in your game
View attachment 301492

You cant buy the players in bold all in one season as they are non-eu. Id buy the first two as the GK situation is fine for a year.

Great. Let us know how your AC Milan save goes! I like the fact that AC Milan has a lot of great history. But currently not favored by the oddsmakers. So it is somewhat challenging to restore them to the top. Not to mention that Juventus and Napoli are no pushovers either when racing to win the Series A championship!!

You actually have a very good team. I suspect that you just need more quality depth to win the Champions Cup. The reality is that when you are competing for both the Series A title and the Champions Cup at the same time, you will experience 'schedule cram'. If you rely only on your top 11, they will lose fitness too fast to compete at peak form for both competitions.

This is why you need a top 22. In my experience your second stringers need to be at least 2.5 star to 3.0 star compared to your starters. This way, you don't experience too much dropoff if you need to substitute a 1st teamer due to fatigue/lack of fitness.

In season 3, I splashed 26m in cash to obtain GK Rulli, 17.5m for ST Timo Werner, 17m for ST Richairo Zivkovic, and 15.5m for LB Ricardo Rodriguez. I was also lucky enough to obtain DC Daniel Rugani on a free. Adding that to the talent base I already had gave me enough quality to push through to the finals, where I managed to beat Manchester United.

PS If you wonder how I got all the spending money -- I sold DC Eliaquim Mangala for a ridiculous 54m to PSG, Danny Ings who I got on a free for 9m, Jeremy Menez who i got on a free for 8.5m, and the aforementioned unsuccesful Belfodil for 5m.

As far as an HB, I've never used the position. I mainly used Romero as my DM of choice with Sebastian Rode whom I bought for 3m as primary DM backup. I later sold Rode on for 46.5m in season 4 to Chelsea.

Last edited:
I ve started an AC Milan save - sold alsmost everybody and heavily used instalments and future add ons to buy players so if I dont do well to get prize money Im done for. My squad is:

GK: Abbiati/Lopez
FB: Darmian/Peruzzi/De Sciglio/Kaderabek/Armero
CB: Balanta/Munoz/Rami/Vallejo/Denswil/Albertazzi
CM/DM: Poli/Guido Pizarro/Lucas Romero/Essien/Stark
AM: Van Ginkel/Bonaventura/Saponara/Sansone/Mastour
CF: Zaza/Depay/El Sharawy/Gabbiadini

Looks like a very solid start. The fear I always have when making a lot of changes is how soon will the team mesh and how soon can players settle in and take to new tactics. The first season is really the hardest. Let us know how your first season turns out!

I ve started an AC Milan save - sold alsmost everybody and heavily used instalments and future add ons to buy players so if I dont do well to get prize money Im done for. My squad is:

GK: Abbiati/Lopez
FB: Darmian/Peruzzi/De Sciglio/Kaderabek/Armero
CB: Balanta/Munoz/Rami/Vallejo/Denswil/Albertazzi
CM/DM: Poli/Guido Pizarro/Lucas Romero/Essien/Stark
AM: Van Ginkel/Bonaventura/Saponara/Sansone/Mastour
CF: Zaza/Depay/El Sharawy/Gabbiadini

Very uneven so far. In november and 5th - 7 points off the top

In the save I was doing, which I may stop, I did few changes. Finished first half third, 3pts from Juventus and with AS Roma running away with it. I did few changes, but this is what I can tell: El Shaarawy as AF in a two striker formation (4-3-1-2) began to work very well, not so much when I used him in the left wing (4-3-3/4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1). Pazzini has been very disappointing. I signed Larrivey and he's been perhaps my first ever successful striker with good goal return, I play him mainly as target man, but seems to do well in other roles. He's not young, though.

Just finished season 4 with Ac milan and won the sextuple.? Which means I have won every competition possible for that I entered including series a and champions cup where my team won over arsenal in a wild 5-4 goal bonanza finals! Will post some pics later.

Just finished season 4 with Ac milan and won the sextuple.? Which means I have won every competition possible for that I entered including series a and champions cup where my team won over arsenal in a wild 5-4 goal bonanza finals! Will post some pics later.

1; serie A
2: coppa italia
3: supercoppa
4: champions league
5: world club
6: ?

which one am I missing?

Ok so here are the details of my epic Season 4 run. And trust me, I was very surprised, did not expect my team to win every single honor possible. Here are the competitions that I won:

Here is how I won the Series A. Top offense in the league with 105 goals and top defense with 35 goals allowed.

Here is my roster and top goalscorers for the season:

And here is the crowning achievment of my season, defeating Arsenal in the Champions Cup Final by a crazy 5-4 final score.
It was a really wild game. I thought I was up by a comfortable 2 score lead. And then Arsenal came roaring back to equalize with a Higuain goal in the 92nd minute!! I had that sinking feeling until Roberto Pereryra sealed the match with a beyond clutch goal in the 93rd minute!!! Unbelievable cap to an unbelievable season!

And here were my key transfers for Season 4. I started with a 60m pound budget and created additional money by selling players. M

-My first key addition was DC Kurt Zouma for 25.5m pounds. I had sold Mangala to PSG for 54m bid in previous season and found his replacement for half the price.
-Next I sold off Timo Werner, who hadn't quite fit in well with my squad. And I picked up Lukaku who added a much needed physical presence as a central striker and who I had admired for a while.
-In addition I added Divock Origi who had played very well on a temporary loan spell. But I was unable to buy him after the loan finished, so he went back to Chelsea for a year. When he become available to buy, I added him to my strikeforce and he played very well as a right side striker and cover for AMR.
-Those two players became my top 2 goal scorers so those transfers turned out even better than expected.
-Neves was my replacement for Rodes after I turned quite a tidy profit for selling on to Chelsea.
-Pjanic for only 13m was too good to pass up in the winter window. And once I signed him, Obiang became expendable.
-Hirving Lozano was simply class as a right winger and his release clause of only 6.75m made him a no-brainer decision.
-Jese was a value for the money depth signing, and he actually made an impact on the Champions Cup final scoresheet as a late injury substitute!
-If you do the math, here is the overall offense contributed by new transfer players in Season 4 -- 95 goals, 56 assists.

Last edited:
Back