formbibear

Reaction score
View attachment 469009

A.C. Milan

In this save I shall be taking control of the European sleeping giants that have become A.C. Milan in an attempt to return them to their rightful place: in the top reaches of football's echelons.

My season goals are as follows:

1). Finish in one of the champions league positions, consistently.
This seems like a straightforward thing, but with the revivals of Napoli and Juventus, and Inter and Roma going through re-building processes, and Lazio and Fiorentina thrown in their for good measure, a few injuries or unbalanced tactics could see us kicked out of the coveted places with our tails between our legs.

2) Getting in the green.
Again, no straightforward task, especially with a loan debt of 292 million. We need to improve the side, keep the wage bill below the budget, and still move forwards as a club. With Juventus and Napoli hoarding all the money in Italy,(the latter due to the two huge sales to PSG!) means we must find a way to stay competitive, whilst developing youth and all the time, making a profit. I plan to keep the majority of the squad together for at least this season, selling only those I decide are surplus to requirements and are not required on the wage budget.

3) Play attacking football.
Teams in Italy are, by nature, defensive. My philosophy has always been attack attack attack! A.C. Milan are perfect for this because they are one of the few Italian sides actually considered to be attacking. And with the likes of Van Basten, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka (who is now back!) and Shevchenko all having played for the club, there is no question that getting a side with attack in their blood to attack should be an easy task to complete.

Next post will include the appointment of a new manager, tactics for the season, and pre-season and transfer news.

One of the best OP's I've ever read, I can't wait to read more!

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

This is only my first attempt at a story but I have been a keen reader and admirer of this site for many, many years now. I am off to a 21st later so it will be tomorrow when I update but I will be putting quite a bit on, so if you find yourself in the mood for a read, why not!

BREAKING NEWS!

BREAKING NEWS!

Allegri sacked after bust up with Berlusconi!

View attachment 468431

Popular manager Massimiliano Allegri has had his contract terminated with immediate effect after a bust up with estranged owner Silvio Berlusconi.

The business tycoon, come politician and sports owner, was attacked by Allegri at a charity fund-raising event after Berlusconi made a joke about his wife.

"I just asked if Massiliano's beautiful wife if he was as useless in the sack as he is managing A.C. Milan", mused Berlusconi. "He become embarrassed and enraged when his wife laughed heartily at the joke. Of course he has been a superb manager - it was just some harmless fun", he continued.

Clearly Allegri didn't feel the same way as body guards had to forcibly remove him from the gala. Rumour's of a bust-up surfaced in January this year when Berlusconi refused to hand Allegri a contact extension due to his short comings in the champions league - finishing bottom of a group they should have comfortably won.

Allegri is unavailable for comment but speculation is rife about who will take over the much coveted job, with Ruud Gullit odds on at 5-1 to get the job. Other high-profile managers such as: Roberto Mancini, Fabio Capello, and Jupp Heynckesare also thought to be in the mix!

More to follow...

Shock and Joy at Maldini's appointment!

Maldini appointed new A.C. Milan manager!

Paolo Maldini appointed new manager of club on two year deal

Club icon Paolo Maldini was introduced to the press this morning as the new manager of A.C. Milan! The quick and impulsive decision was made by Berlusconi - a huge admirer of Maldini during his playing career, three days before Allegri was sacked!

"I always knew Paolo was the man to lead this club into the next era of its existence", Berlusconi beams. "He was an outstanding player, a terrific leader, and who better equipped to help take this club forwards"?

Well, as we told Silvio in no uncertain terms, a whole host of available managers with much more experience managing and coaching - Maldini hasn't been long retired from the game and hasn't even managed a reserve or youth fixture.

And yet, despite his inexperience, the whole world seems to have backed the decision. New signing Kaka (who arrived back on a free transfer at the start of this window) is particularly pleased with the appointment.

View attachment 468429

"He is the greatest player I've ever played with and I fully expect that quality to boil over into his managerial career. He reads the game better than anybody alive and that will be his recipe for success I am sure of it - being one step ahead of everybody as he was during his playing career", Kaka said.

With such a short period of time left before the transfer window shuts, Maldini has declined to take part in a press conference, stating that the players and the team must always come first - but has also assured, in a dignified and humble way, that he will answer any questions put to him during his press conference for the opening game of the seaon - a tasty home tie against last seasons runners-up, Napoli.

Last edited:
Tactics and philosophy!

Despite being a centre back, my philosophy has always been to try and set the team on its way to a goal. In this new chapter of my lucky, illustrious career, I will be focusing solely on winning games. And the best way to do that - attack!

I was tempted to revert back to what we used to call, "the old A.C. Milan diamond". A basic 4-1-2-1-2 formation, allowing our attacking full-backs the space to bomb up and down offering both attacking support and defensive stability. However, I prefer having more players attacking then defending. Therefore, I have settled quite happily on this:

View attachment 468392View attachment 468391

I am really pleased with this tactic as it should really help the team retain possession, press when necessary, and also give the fullbacks the space they need to become wing-backs.

I have gone for control over attack because with the likes of Kaka, El Shaarawy, Montolivo, and Poli, they will naturally look to play forwards anyway. Control just gives us a better chance of having more possession. And possession, when I have these players at my disposal, can only result in lots and lots of chances!

Transfer, Pre-season, and opening day all to come tomorrow.