Achievements With Newcastle United

• Thread starter Thread starter SReeves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

SReeves

Reaction score
Hey All New To This, But Not The Website :P.

Was Just Wondering How You All Go About Managing Newcastle United.

The Way I Approach Newcastle Is Normally Sell Any Dead Wood i.e Taylor, Best, Ameobi, Harper etc...

I Also Try To Get Rid Of Collo And Jonas To Reduce The Wage Bill, I Try To Buy Good Youngsters And Stick Them Straight Into The First Team. Meaning There Development Is Quicker Then What It Would Be Sending Them On Loan To A Lower Divison Team. The Likes Of Niang Vuckic Etc...

So How Long Does It Take You To Get Newcastle Into Champions League Win It, And Also Win The Premier Divison? I Thought 3rd Season Winning Premier League Was Very Good Considering The Players I Sold And Brought In. And The Future Looks Very Good For My Current Crop Of Youngers.

I Must Admit This Football Manager Seems Alot Easier But Injuries Are Alot More Common.

Post Your Achievements Please And Players You Have Brought...? And Tactics You Are Using.

Thanks Again

Reeves

hi i was thinking of startin a newcastle save what formation is best for them ? thanks

I had a save last week before my hard drive crashed and after 3 seasons i finished 3rd the first two seasons and 2nd the next. I also won 2 carling cups, 1 fa cup and 1 community shield. Got to the champions league quarter final.

First signings were Hoilett, Niang, Rugani, Iliev, Verratti, Kolarov and loads of youngsters.

Was just beginning the 4th season and I felt I had a team capable of great things as I had Bale, Rodwell, Wilshere, Thiago and several brilliant youngsters.

My formation started as 4-2-3-1 deep as Cabaye and Tiote are natural DMs, with Hoilett, Ben Arfa and Gutierrez as the AMs and at the start of the 3rd season I pushed them forward a bit.

Was also manager of Belgium.

Going to start a new save tomorrow since I got a new hard drive

Last edited:
I'm just starting season 5 and have basically sold everyone except Krul, S Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye,Santon and Ben Afra and replaced them all with a host of quality u18's. First season I used a 4-4-2 with adv wingers and also a 4-2-3-1 before I sold Ba and sturridge's loan finished. Picked up Andy Johnson, Gabriel torje and coutinho all on loans with options to buy all three at under £5mil each. Which made me swap the 4-2-3-1 as the main tactic

Sold colo to buy Ryan Shawcross in on less wages and also paid a fortune for a 5star pot 16 yo Striker born in Middlesbrough and stolen from them. An adopted Geordie named Andy Beardsley. Threw him straight in as my starting striker as his stats were amazing. At 18 he's a world beater and has scored 15goals in 14 games for England :)

My other England striker alongside Rooney and Beardsley is a 19yo wonderkid I stole from Man utd after he wouldn't sync a contract and left on a free and is providing great backup to my Newcastle team. I have 8 players 18 or under and 14 players in my 1st team squad are 21 or under.

So far I've finished 7th,7th,5th and 7th. While winning the league cup once, euro cup twice and the super cup once.

With wages under £700 000 per week and a team stacked with wonderkids on cheap wages we could see newcastle dominate within a season or two :)

Just like real life ; )

I went on vacation and they got relegated, that's what I wanted. Then I sold all the players and brought in several youngsters. Trying to gel them in the 44 matches of Championship and create a tactic good enough to reach UCL in the season I promote in EPL.

tried but failed to post a screen shot of beardsley :S

View attachment 207979
Andy Beardsley: He was nearly that good when i bought him at 16 (H)

View attachment 207980
James Robinson: Was 18/19 when i signed him on a free after he refused to sign for Man Utd again. These two kids are the future of my England team :D

.... then there are these kids:

View attachment 207983View attachment 207981View attachment 207984View attachment 207982View attachment 207985

Throw in Jack Wilshere, Denner, Ignacio Camacho, Ryan Shawcross, Coutinho alongside S Taylor, Krul, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote with a few other youngsters and the future is looking bright for season 6 8-|

Back