Acquiring Regens!

• Thread starter Thread starter Azza088
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

Azza088

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm new to the whole posting on a forum so i apologise if this is the wrong section but i've read a lot of threads about regenerated players and loads of different methods of signing them.

Can somebody explain to me the best way to search for new regens that have not been signed up by a club as i'm getting sick of seeing Man Utd, Bayern ect all having the best players and wondering how they beat everyone to these players? Do all regens get given a club when added to game or are they all free agents?

Thanks in advance!

ok, let em explain. the reason why they have good regens, is because regens come through teams youth recruitement, most of the big clubs have excellent or above excellent youth recruitment so will have better standards of regens. you seem to think that regens are free agents,, they are recruited during the time when teams update their youth system for England i think its around march. if you want quality regens then i suggest you manually search through Brazilian and Argentinian clubs youth squad or even africa, which produces quality regens. like you said regens are given a club, they are not free agents unless their contract expires like every other player.

Here's a link to where in the world you'll find the best regens: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...gions-know-countries-find-hidden-talents.html
The link is a few years old, but as far as I know there haven't been any (major) changes to this.

Here's a link to the different regen dates: Football Manager 2013 Regen Dates
As you can see, March is the main month for new regens. Also keep an eye out for the regen date of Brazil, as they often produce lots of wonderkids.

The best way to search for regens is, like explained above, to manually search through the top clubs of the desired nations - like England, France, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Germany and Argentina. Simply go to the top league of those nations on the regen date, click on each team in the league and go to their U20/U19/U18 team. If you sort the players by age from youngest to oldest, you'll usually find all the regens at the top. Another method would be to go to Transfers -> World -> Youth Intake. Then select filter on the top right and choose the nation(s) you want. This last method might be a little more time consuming, but then again it's more thorough.

PS: If you play FMC, the regen dates are different: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-classic-mode/106333-fmc-regen-dates.html

Here's a link to where in the world you'll find the best regens: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...gions-know-countries-find-hidden-talents.html
The link is a few years old, but as far as I know there haven't been any (major) changes to this.

Here's a link to the different regen dates: Football Manager 2013 Regen Dates
As you can see, March is the main month for new regens. Also keep an eye out for the regen date of Brazil, as they often produce lots of wonderkids.

The best way to search for regens is, like explained above, to manually search through the top clubs of the desired nations - like England, France, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Germany and Argentina. Simply go to the top league of those nations on the regen date, click on each team in the league and go to their U20/U19/U18 team. If you sort the players by age from youngest to oldest, you'll usually find all the regens at the top. Another method would be to go to Transfers -> World -> Youth Intake. Then select filter on the top right and choose the nation(s) you want. This last method might be a little more time consuming, but then again it's more thorough.

PS: If you play FMC, the regen dates are different: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-classic-mode/106333-fmc-regen-dates.html

If you go into the youth through world - youth intake there usually all signed up

If you go into the youth through world - youth intake there usually all signed up

Not if you do it on the same day as the intake. Personally I prefer to manually go through the clubs with good facilities in each country, I rarely miss out on any players that way and it saves me alot of time.

Maybe I'm been a moron but I can't find the transfer - world - youth intake search anywhere :/ Anyone able to help?

Maybe I'm been a moron but I can't find the transfer - world - youth intake search anywhere :/ Anyone able to help?

Click on the 'globe' in the top right corner, between the question mark and the magnifying glass. Then click on transfers which you'll find near the bottom of the list, and then click world. This will open a new window, and at the top left corner you can click on 'All transfers' and choose 'youth intake' near the bottom of that list. If you still can't find it I'll provide screenshots.

Not if you do it on the same day as the intake. Personally I prefer to manually go through the clubs with good facilities in each country, I rarely miss out on any players that way and it saves me alot of time.

Ahh ok so look on the 13th march?? Then they won't be signed??

Back