Activating/creating lower leagues - Help needed please!

• Thread starter Thread starter Pompey_Dan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 17K

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
Activating/creating lower leagues

After taking a look at the FM 2010 editor I notice that there are lower leagues set up for just about every nation (including teams and players) but these don't appear as playable on loading the game. Is there a way I can activate these lower divisions and make them playable?

(As an example the Italian Serie D appears on the editor, but can only play as low as Serie C on my game) :S

Cheers!

Last edited:
Although I got no replys to this request I have since found out how to active the lower leagues in FM2010 (e.g. Serie D in Italy, etc)

If anyone else reads this thread and wants to know how to active these lower leagues (they already exist in the database) then by all means contact me. :)

Hi Dan

I would very much like to know how you do this, if you'd be willing to share.

Thanks

Matt

Haven't remembered to visit these forums in ages.

You search it in the competitions, then edit.

There you activate it and check the promotion, relegation and other rules are set correctly and if not, set them yourself.

Hi Dan

I would very much like to know how you do this, if you'd be willing to share.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

You need to load up the FM editor and then...

1. Load the required database (if you have patch 10.2 this will be the 10.2.0 Database)
2. Click on "add nation rules" on the left hand menu, this will fire up a wizard
3. Using the wizard select the required nation from a drop down list (e.g. Italy)
4. Select the radio button marked "add lower divisions and cups"
5. Select finish on the wizard
6. Hey presto.. you now have the lower divisions for the nation you choose. To make it playable change the field entitled "type" from inactive to league.
7. Now use the editor to apply the rules for the new competitions as they will start with none!This is laborious but necessary, the easiest way to approach it is to sllowly work through each of the fields on each tab for each new competition. (If you are not sure of the rules they can usually be found quite easy on the internet... try wikipedia!)
8. When done test that the rules you have entered work! You do this by clicking on the "test nation rules" in the left hand menu. It is a bit of trial and error at first but perservere.
9. Now save the editor data files as something easily recognisable.
10. Load FM 2010 and start a new game, when selecting the database you should now see that it says "Editor Data Files 1 enabled (1 total)" this means it has found your newly edited file and will load it, you can make changes by ticking the box marked change to the right of this text.

Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for (serie D)

or if you want to, just download my lower leagues databases

down to the promozione serie for italy
completely created spanish system
new scottish pyramid
oceanian database
southern hemisphere database
caribbean database
american database without the transfer system

Hello,

1) Is it possible to reactivate an extinct competition like cup winners cup or balkans cup?
2) Is it possible that when I choose teams to participate in a cup to choose the best placed teams that not participate in european cups?

Thank you

Back