Adam Lallana

• Thread starter Thread starter fm20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4K
F

fm20

Has anyone had any positives with Lallana?

He's not played great in either season 1 (14 league appearances, 1 assist, 6.69 rating) or season 2 so far (8 appearances, 6.66 rating). All appearances have been as an attacking midfielder, with an advanced playmaker role. I won the title and the european cup in the first season and he has a good team around him.

He's suffered quite a few injuries as well.

I've also been unable to sell him (even at £10m), or even get someone to cover his wages on a loan. He's turning out to be quite a dud.

I retrained him to play as a CM with attacking Duty. I've found that he needs space to run into and in the ACM he's man marked and played out of the game.

Makes sense actually although I'm not sure if I can use him in in that role with the way I have my team set. I may try that and put him in the rotation on one of the CM slots during the heavy fixture schedule unless I can sell him in the January window.

He's a back up player for me but still performs well when he plays.

A £20m+, £80k/week backup is tough for me to stomach! My particular problem may be over - Spurs have made a £17m bid for him which I've accepted, but he does seem like a problem player to fit into a team. I'm not quite sure what he's supposed to be good at.

A £20m+, £80k/week backup is tough for me to stomach! My particular problem may be over - Spurs have made a £17m bid for him which I've accepted, but he does seem like a problem player to fit into a team. I'm not quite sure what he's supposed to be good at.

I agree he's an expensive bench warmer! But I found coming off the bench who always performs well! Plus no one wanted to buy him!

Back