Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been attempting to add the Mexican Liga Premier de Ascenso (Third Tier) and Liga de Nuevos Talentos (also third tier) to the Mexican League Structure for FM 13 without success recently. My idea is to set-up the Liga Premier de Ascenso as the third tier and the Liga de Nuevos Talentos as the fourth tier. That way, the promotion and relegation scheme is a bit simpler than in real life. The issue at the moment is that the editor will not allow me to promote less teams than there are sub-divisions. There are two sub-divisions in each league and, if I wanted to, I could promote and relegate two teams from each league but I would like to be as authentic as possible to the real promotion and relegation structure. Not to mention that I don't wish to mess with the default second tier structure which only relegates one team at the end of the year.

Could anybody point me towards a way in which I can go around the sub-divisions issue? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

set up a play-off for the sub divisions within the parent comp to get it so only 1 team gets relegated, leave promotion blank in the actual sub divisions.

I've set-up a playoff within the parent competition for the third and fourth tier. It's a promotion playoff with 4 teams participating and only one team promoted. The problem is that I still get the following error message: Number of teams promoted from competition (1) should be divisible by number of sub-competitions (2).

Am I missing a step or is it just impossible to do what I want to do with this editor?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hello Luis Antonio Soto,

I have just tried making a competition with this structure:

Tier 1: Premier Division (1 Relegation)
Tier 2: Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Division 4 (1 Promotion Play-off, number of teams 8, number of teams promoted 1)

Everything worked fine, so you can promote less teams than there are sub-divisions, if you can send me the database I can have a look, but i'm not sure how you would send it to me unless you upload it on here.

James

Hello Luis Antonio Soto,

I have just tried making a competition with this structure:

Tier 1: Premier Division (1 Relegation)
Tier 2: Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Division 4 (1 Promotion Play-off, number of teams 8, number of teams promoted 1)

Everything worked fine, so you can promote less teams than there are sub-divisions, if you can send me the database I can have a look, but i'm not sure how you would send it to me unless you upload it on here.

James

Just send the file to your email, then you will able download it from your email then put it into your editor data folder then go in to editor and open it..

Good idea Corach,

If you private message me Luis I will send you my email address

Wow what a complicated system :p I don't know if it will be possible to replicate the format exactly, I just need to clear a few things up... Third tier: Liga premier de Ascenso (2 groups of 15) + Liga de Nuevos Talentos (2 groups of 17)
Fourth tier: 15 groups of 10-18 teams.

1 promotion from liga de Ascenso - could you explain how this team is chosen (e.g. winner of play off between 2 groups?)
1 relegation - again could you explain how this team is chosen.
No promotions from Liga de Nuevos Talentos - what if the team promoted into this division as runner-up doesn't want to stay in this league and develop their talent? (might be easier to leave this promotion out)
2 promotions from the fourth tier (winner goes into liga de ascenco, runner-up into liga nuevos talentos) - 64 teams from all groups (except group XV) made up of top 4/5 from each group enter the promotion play-off.

Is this correct?