Adebayor keen to extend Real deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor, on loan at Real Madrid from Manchester City, wants to extend his stay in the Spanish capital.

More...

With Higuain on the mend, he won't be featuring as often.

If Real do sign him and keep him on, I expect Benzema to leave.

Higuain is without doubt Real Madrid's top dog when it comes to the lone striker role, and Benzema won't be happy being 3rd choice - which is what he will be if Real decide to keep Adebayor.

How I wish it was Benzema playing against us last night. Adebayor has an uncanny ability to probe our weaknesses and score goals.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to keep him, Fantastic player & one of the best players in the air. (Proven yesterday) Man City were foolish to drop him but I guess he doesn’t fit into Mancini’s system.

With Higuain being a goal scoring poacher, Benzema being a pacey striker, for me Adebayor completes their armory.

NEVER liked him as a player, but his ability is clear. Aerial ability is top class.

Yes he isn't the star studded signing in comparison to what Real are used to but, can't argue with his effectiveness.

His team mates seem to like him too after watching celebrations.

the question is how much...

I think they will sign him, Sell Benzema and look for another striker to complete there line up.. Possibly a move for Llorente is on. Spanish goal scorer. I know they have been linked with Herdanez, but i cant see him going anywhere, Maybe if Jose stays a move for Drogba may be on the cards

It wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to keep him, Fantastic player & one of the best players in the air. (Proven yesterday) Man City were foolish to drop him but I guess he doesn’t fit into Mancini’s system.

Mancini has a system?!!

(j/k)

Ontopic:
Well, honestly, it's up to Mourinho and Real...

If Mourinho stays then i think he may try and bring Adebayor in on a perminant.

Adebayor is what Real needs. Mourinho said that he likes to have 2 strikers on the bench when he is starting 1. He will play alot less when Higuain is fully fit.. but he gives them another option.

Real might sign him. But he has to take an pay-cut and if he is happy to come in from the bench. Then they might sign him. Llorente is too good to be used as an bench player. So i dont think Llorente will come.

Ade is the best quality striker that could be happy with that bench striker role i think.

I hope he doesnt sign for Madrid, I want to see him back in the Premier League.

I don't rate him anymore, not since he left Arsenal for money.

If Real do sign him and keep him on, I expect Benzema to leave.

Higuain is without doubt Real Madrid's top dog when it comes to the lone striker role, and Benzema won't be happy being 3rd choice - which is what he will be if Real decide to keep Adebayor.
I doubt that would happen. Adebayor has been fairly underwhelming apart from last night. He's got 2 goals in 10 league games while benzema has started to look like a world beater. 10 goals in his last 8 games, 21 goals for the season, he only didn't start last night because he's injured.
I doubt they'll buy him or extend the loan but if they did personally i think he'd definitely be 3rd choice.

I bet my life savings (not a lot but still) that you would do the same in a heartbeat.

but that will never happen to me so I can now say that I wouldn't do the same :D but seriously, I root for the players that stick with their teams through thick and thin, Adebayor, by moving, only halted his career, I'd, BY FAR! want to play professional football week in week out, on a basic wage, rather than be paid substantial amounts of money and sit on the bench, why have a job that is but a dream for most and never actually do it?

but that will never happen to me so I can now say that I wouldn't do the same :D but seriously, I root for the players that stick with their teams through thick and thin, Adebayor, by moving, only halted his career, I'd, BY FAR! want to play professional football week in week out, on a basic wage, rather than be paid substantial amounts of money and sit on the bench, why have a job that is but a dream for most and never actually do it?

My point is, if yoy have a job or when you (hopefully) eventually get one, if you are on 15k a year and someone offers you 25k a year to do the same job. would you stay loyal ?

I dont think Madrid will sign Ade. Benzema finally looked settled and Higuain is back. They need a back up who dont moan when not played. They might look for some cheaper option..

Jose Mourinho will just put him back in his place if he tries to *****.
Benzema is on form now i think they need a defender maybe..

My point is, if yoy have a job or when you (hopefully) eventually get one, if you are on 15k a year and someone offers you 25k a year to do the same job. would you stay loyal ?

As much as I agree with your overall point; those figures aren't comparable because they are life-changing. 70k > 120k per week (rough estimate), although huge on paper, won't really change a lifestyle that much, unless he somehow spends that 70,000 each week, however; 15,000 per year to 25,000 is a massive shift in your finances, and would be immediately noticeable.

That said, I agree, I'd move too. :)

As much as I agree with your overall point; those figures aren't comparable because they are life-changing. 70k > 120k per week (rough estimate), although huge on paper, won't really change a lifestyle that much, unless he somehow spends that 70,000 each week, however; 15,000 per year to 25,000 is a massive shift in your finances, and would be immediately noticeable.

That said, I agree, I'd move too. :)

Doesn’t matter how much he earns Billy, footballers should have the same rights that we do? His career is short and he has the right to earn as much as he can, while he can.

Back