Adebayor wants Arsenal trophies

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Striker Emmanuel Adebayor says he will not leave Arsenal until he has helped fill the club's trophy cabinet.

More...

Which translates into "One more season and if we don't win anything, I'm off to Milan"? ;)

I reckon so. Though if a big bid came in for him this summer I'd consider selling him if i was Wenger.

i saw a similar discussion at www.footballfuror.com and its genuine for adebayor to crave for trophies. hes a good player and further delay in trophies could take adebayor away from emirates.

Its all good Adebayor saying he wants to win trophies with Arsenal but if they dont spend quite heavily in the summer are they really gonna be fighting for the premier league...i dont think they are and i dont think Arsenal have the money to be up there with the big spenders anyway.

sell adebayor and bring in someone like santa cruz he is a much bigger threat in the air than adebayor, adeabyor's anticipation is **** every time a cross comes in he jumps way too early and when the ball drops he suddenly drops aswell.

only one way to go wenger that is to sell him.

sell adebayor and bring in someone like santa cruz he is a much bigger threat in the air than adebayor, adeabyor's anticipation is **** every time a cross comes in he jumps way too early and when the ball drops he suddenly drops aswell.

only one way to go wenger that is to sell him.

honestly i don`t think cruz is good enougth for me sorry, ade needs to learn how to play onside he would score alot more if he didn`t drift offside every 5 mins! imo! i think need 3-4 decent players to even get close to manu n liverpool myself - cb-richards could still be great if he gets his act together,dm jagyelka(sorry spelling)or yaya would be good ,then a good 30 goal a season striker? a proven 1, villa would be good hard to get but he has said he would be tempted by arsenal before so maybe he would?,possibley a top goalkeeper almunia has had a great season probley 1 of our best players but thats 1 season!imo (K)

honestly i don`t think cruz is good enougth for me sorry, ade needs to learn how to play onside he would score alot more if he didn`t drift offside every 5 mins! imo! i think need 3-4 decent players to even get close to manu n liverpool myself - cb-richards could still be great if he gets his act together,dm jagyelka(sorry spelling)or yaya would be good ,then a good 30 goal a season striker? a proven 1, villa would be good hard to get but he has said he would be tempted by arsenal before so maybe he would?,possibley a top goalkeeper almunia has had a great season probley 1 of our best players but thats 1 season!imo (K)

yh good point there, micah richard is not my favourite player his poor positioning when playing at center back could cause arsenal's defence to be even ******* then normal

yaya toure would be a good buy i guess brothers play well together if not then i dunno:)

david villa on the other hand im not suire tbh it would be nice to see him at arsenal but arsenal lack a physical presence when we played man utd adebayor got bullied we need someone like santa cruz hes not the best of one on one finishers but whats the most important thing? getting the ball in the back of the net or scoring a perfect goal by trying to place the ball right in the corner? its the goal that matters plus santa cruz aerial threat more than makes up for it..

yh good point there, micah richard is not my favourite player his poor positioning when playing at center back could cause arsenal's defence to be even ******* then normal

yaya toure would be a good buy i guess brothers play well together if not then i dunno:)

david villa on the other hand im not suire tbh it would be nice to see him at arsenal but arsenal lack a physical presence when we played man utd adebayor got bullied we need someone like santa cruz hes not the best of one on one finishers but whats the most important thing? getting the ball in the back of the net or scoring a perfect goal by trying to place the ball right in the corner? its the goal that matters plus santa cruz aerial threat more than makes up for it..

yeah very true! i hope some new signings in the summer! even if its just to bolstar the squad still have 100% faith in arsene` as our manager and im sure he`ll turn it around! semis of the f.a cup and champions league plus 4th spot in league isn`t that bad, our players are still young lots of time to improve but you sense that there is a need for strengh to be added lol maybe hulk can save us!!!XD

yeah very true! i hope some new signings in the summer! even if its just to bolstar the squad still have 100% faith in arsene` as our manager and im sure he`ll turn it around! semis of the f.a cup and champions league plus 4th spot in league isn`t that bad, our players are still young lots of time to improve but you sense that there is a need for strengh to be added lol maybe hulk can save us!!!XD

hope so lol.

Adebayor is way overrated. The guy isn't a top class finisher, he gets penalised all the time and he doesn't really make an impact in big games. Robin Van Persie and Arshavin are twice the player he is. Arsenal should look at getting someone like Villa, whether they'll spend the cash is another thing.

I doubt they will, they will prob target a french under 13 striker.

On a serious note, I think Adebayor is better than Santa Cruz anyway, their similar players with not a huge quality difference between them, so it would be pointless to sell adebayor to get santa cruz.
A good idea might be buy santa cruz to give adebayor competition

Back