Advice for a "noob"

• Thread starter Thread starter 147harris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

147harris

Reaction score
never played fm before and struggling to get the team to improve no matter what players i sign, it seems the formation i play i get the same result regardless of who my starting 11 is...

this is how my team is set out and instructions

View attachment 293473View attachment 293474

Brief history

First season
Championship
Expectation from board: Top half
Where i finished: 2nd​

key points: Did not score many goals at all, defence got me through the league

Second season
prem
Expectation from board: Avoid relagation
Where i finished: 10th

key points: couldnt beat the smaller teams however did beat some big teams like city and chelsea. struggled to have more than 40% possesion and struggled to get shots in, my poacher striker adam le fondre got 34 goals and the golden boat though.

any advice on what to change tactically and how to dominate games more would be great thanks

To me it looks like you've changed too much too soon and your tactics don't look great. Drill crosses tends to be a lot more effective than float. Zonal Marking helps you keep your shape better and your players may need to roam more. Also pushing up your defensive line would help a lot against smaller teams, especially with your short passing and heavy pressing. Your possession problems probably come from playing too quick and choosing the wrong pass. To play that quick you need players with great creativity, decisions and first touch.

However, you seem to be doing pretty well anyway.

What golem said, especially about the quick passing and either pushing your d-line up or pressing less.
Also agree that you're doing well! :)

But also like to point out your formation leaves alot of space down the wings for the opposition to exploit, and having 3/5 at the back along with 3 very attacking players means your midfielders will be very isolated, potentially contributing your low possession :)

What golem said, especially about the quick passing and either pushing your d-line up or pressing less.
Also agree that you're doing well! :)

But also like to point out your formation leaves alot of space down the wings for the opposition to exploit, and having 3/5 at the back along with 3 very attacking players means your midfielders will be very isolated, potentially contributing your low possession :)
I don't think there's a problem out wide although if there is he could put the central CB on cover and the other two on stopper. Also I agree that one of those CMs need a support duty.

Back