Advice on choosing a new laptop for FM12

• Thread starter Thread starter JAwtunes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

JAwtunes

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new laptop for between about £400 and £600 which will only really be used for FM and browsing, iplayer etc.

I don't really watch the 3D match engine so am not concerned about a gfx card. looking at other posts it seems to suggest that its all down to the processor, and to a lesser degree, the RAM, and thats about it. I am torn between a 2nd Gen i5 dual-core running at 2.6GHz (3.3GHz) and a 2nd gen i7 quad-core running at 2.2GHZ (3.1GHz).

the i7 is about £100 more, is the doubling of active cores an advantage in this game, i know most games don't utilised quad-core processing, but most games aren't tarty spreadsheets are they!

any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd go for the i5 but it depends on the rest of the laptop spec, RAM and GFx Card etc. What are the laptops your looking at??

DABS.com have a real good selection for the prices your looking at.

Ive an i3 with 4gbs of RAM and it runs well

What he said, I have a Sony Vaio with an i3 processor, 4GB of RAM and a built in Intel graphics card (very basic one).

It runs very well, Still have 5 star performance using a large database and loading up England, Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Holland. Also I can run the 3D match engine although I choose not too.

Back