[Advice Wanted] Good defence but not enough attack.

• Thread starter Thread starter kirkxyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1K

kirkxyz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been using Laffles Slick 4-5-1 tactic for my Man Utd team.

It improved my side a great deal. I went from 9th in the league last season to 2nd, and semi-finalist in both FA and Champ. League.

My defence was pretty great; I had the best GA in the entire league and only conceded around 20 goals in the prem.
However, my team just wasn't scoring the goals. Most of my victories were 1-0, occasionally 2-0, but I had a lot of low-scoring or non-scoring drawn matches - especially against opposition I should have comfortably beaten. I had a couple of matches where I notched 3 or so goals, but these were few.

I don't want to change the basics of my tactics as my defence has been consistently solid and I have generally gotten around 60% of possession (except for odd games against Barca, Man City) but I do want to see my team scoring more goals.

My squad for the previous season was the starting Manchester United squad + Gotze and Hamsik (I signed both of these on transfer).

For this current season (2nd season which is about to kick off soon) Berbatov and Kuszczak have left, whilst I have signed Fellani (£15m) and Kallstrom (free transfer for depth). Anderson is currently on loan.
I have between 8.5-9m in my Transfer Budget.

Can anyone suggest some ways for me to improve the attack of my team without detracting from my strong defence?

Back