BALDERS

Reaction score
i created my own tactic for my man united save which worked wonders for. i won everything possible scoring goals with ease ( 4.2 per game ) while still being solid at the back ( 0.6 per game ). so at the start of new season i was excited at the prospect of doing even better, alas this has not been the case.

the tactic itself is a 451 with a fluid/overload strategy View attachment 205079 ( easier than writing about it!! )

current team stats ( all comps )

played 36
won 27
drawn 2
lost 7
goals for 94
goals against 32

i know the stats are not that bad but compared to previous season they are appalling!!

my querie is why has my tactic stopped working or at least not as potent as before?

any advice/tips good and bad will be gratefully received

many thanks

balders

I would say that it has absolutely nothing to do with the tactic, but is down to others aspects. If you had been playing with a lesser team and had overperformed, then I would have expected other teams to fear you more, sitting deeper the following season, but as you are man U teams have played that way for ages.

For instance, how many new players have you brought in, i.e what does your lineup lok like this season compared to last season. Also remember that when winning lots and lots of games, the morale becomes super ( aka GOD mode) and you will often continue winning but when having a normal season, losing some of the matches, you wont get the upperhand by the morale and morale only.

Last edited:
I would say that its has absolutely nothing to do with the tactic, but is down to others aspects. If you had been playing with a lesser team and had overperformed, then I would hae expected other teams to fear you more, sitting deeper etc, but as you are man U...

For instance, how many new players have you brought in, i.e what does your lineup lok like this season compared to last season. Also remember that when winning lots and lots of games, the morale becomes super ( aka GOD mode) and you will often continue winning but when having a normal season, losing some of the matches, you wont get the upperhand by the morale and morale only.

i have only bought 3 players. 2 of which are only used as subs but mario gotze has gone straight into the starting 11.

i tend to buy only if needed as to avoid problems like this?? i just dont understand :(

is it something that i just need to persevere with or should i try to tweak the tactic? i understand with the latter that i run the risk of ruining the tactic all together.

im at a bit of a loss really. spent the 1st 2 seasons trying to sort the defensive problems but no matter what i did i always conceded more than i should. so with season 3 i came to the conclusion that if i am always going to concede i might aswell score as many as possible. hence the overload strategy. took me till the end of the season to do this. so i used it in season 4 and it was amazing.

The reason why I asked about the players was because if you had replaced 3 players with high stats in tackling, marking, positionig and most importantly, team work, work rate and determination with 3 players that whilst better, not being team players

Well, in an Overlaod strategy, its hugely important that the the players works as a unit/for each other and close down the opposition. If the tactic relies on players being agressive and press high, it fails heavily when players fail to do so. My best guess is that the players, having hade sucess, are not showing enough hunger to win, not putting in the effort.

..and as written, If get go on a winning streak, the morale stays superb and then you have a much bigger chnace of continuing winning, something that is stated by SI and will be toned down in the next patch ( not that one should benefit from it, but that the players sont stay on superb just because one wins)