bormoboy

Reaction score
The monumental rise of Bournemouth must continue....

As a lifelong fan this is always my first save and since it's been a busy busy year I can now devote some time to this. Updates every 3 months. I hope you enjoy!

2016/17:

Standout players from the offset - C Wilson, Gradel, S Cook, Francis and Wilshere (loan). Considering you start with a risible budget of only £6 million the chances of making meaningful signings early on were slim. I thought therefore I'd sit on the cash and wait for opportunities to open up.

Transfers:

OUT: An unexpected bid of £6m came into the inbox for J Stanislas. After some careful negotiations and not wanting to scare Sunderland away we settled on a £7.25m (8m) fee and he packed his bags for a trip as far north up England as was possible.

IN:
With Stanislas gone and the majority of decent players either too much or on loan at other clubs I went for the bargains.
- Narrowly missing out on Lassana Diarra despite offering him a better wage than Sociadad!
- Dede: the big Brazilian centre back has always been a favourite of mine as his leadership and sheer strength suits the Prem. 800k (1.9m)
- Donny van de Beek: the young Ajax man has bags of potential and with the infamous dutch clubs learnings behind him I thought he'd be a perfect signing to grow into this already young team. For an 18yr old his mental attributes impressed me and with some good training and tutoring he could easily be a future star. 3.6m
- Felix Passlack: initially scouted as cover for the team it appears this Dortmund graduate could be a handy little signing with his high workrate. (Loan)

Tactics:
Settling on a 4-1-2-3 formation the idea is to utilise the many central midfielders and rely on patient build up. Away to the big clubs we will play on the counter.

First three months to come.....