maxchaplin55

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can help/shed some light.

Quick summary- I'm in 2019 of a rollercoaster career at Tottenham Hotspur. Financially, I've worked wonders and am the richest club in the world and have £100m to spend and £100m p/w of wages to spend. However, I am having troubles finding a foreign club to send my youth players on loan to.

You'll understand my frustrations once explained;

Tottenham have an affiliation with Swindon Town (L1), to send players on loan to. I am aware you may also have a foreign affiliate to do the same to 'gain work permits'. I simply want to one to send players to get quality experience at top clubs. I had Chelsea's link with Vitesse Arnhem in mind, therefore I went onto board requests, and selected the work permit option in affiliate clubs, and they let me select one of my choice. I selected PSV Eindhoven. This was nearer the beginning of my career, and the link went OK. However, now my youth players are actually too good to want to play for PSV, and so I wanted a club with a higher rep, as I had send players on normal loans to Brazilian clubs and they had excelled.

I went about everything in the same way, and selected that I want an affiliate to send players abroad to gain work permits. However, once I selected my top Brazilian club (i have done this four times), it came back and announced that we have a link with that club which gives us an option to match a bid on any of their players that another club bids on them.

After securing this same link with 4 different top Brazilian clubs, I thought I'd try one more thing, i cancelled links with Swindon and PSV, and selected the option to get an affiliate just to send players on loan. It gave me a list of plenty of foreign clubs to choose from, I was hopeful, but the same happened again.

PLEASE someone have an answer to this!!

I had the same kind of issue in my Dynamo Kyiv save. I got to choose an affiliate club to send youngsters to train in my club. I chose FC Midtjylland from Denmark, but when my board announced the link, it was only "first option club"-link. The problem doesn't exist when you let your board choose the affiliate club.
It's a known issue by SI (that's what they said), and it will be hopefully fixed in FM16.