Affiliate Club Technical Difficulties.

maxchaplin55

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can help/shed some light.

Quick summary- I'm in 2019 of a rollercoaster career at Tottenham Hotspur. Financially, I've worked wonders and am the richest club in the world and have £100m to spend and £100m p/w of wages to spend. However, I am having troubles finding a foreign club to send my youth players on loan to.

You'll understand my frustrations once explained;

Tottenham have an affiliation with Swindon Town (L1), to send players on loan to. I am aware you may also have a foreign affiliate to do the same to 'gain work permits'. I simply want to one to send players to get quality experience at top clubs. I had Chelsea's link with Vitesse Arnhem in mind, therefore I went onto board requests, and selected the work permit option in affiliate clubs, and they let me select one of my choice. I selected PSV Eindhoven. This was nearer the beginning of my career, and the link went OK. However, now my youth players are actually too good to want to play for PSV, and so I wanted a club with a higher rep, as I had send players on normal loans to Brazilian clubs and they had excelled.

I went about everything in the same way, and selected that I want an affiliate to send players abroad to gain work permits. However, once I selected my top Brazilian club (i have done this four times), it came back and announced that we have a link with that club which gives us an option to match a bid on any of their players that another club bids on them.

After securing this same link with 4 different top Brazilian clubs, I thought I'd try one more thing, i cancelled links with Swindon and PSV, and selected the option to get an affiliate just to send players on loan. It gave me a list of plenty of foreign clubs to choose from, I was hopeful, but the same happened again.

PLEASE someone have an answer to this!!

If you want an affiliate to get your players through the WP issue, you will never find a partner club from Brazil, or any country in South America, or North America, or Africa, or Asia!

anywhere but Europe, and the partnership can't be an affiliate to get your players through the WP trouble.

Bulgaria, Belgium, Holland, Belarus, Croatia are some of the nations where in you will find a feeder club to send your players to gain a work permit.
The work permit means an EU nationality when you are managing a club in England specifically.

If you are opting to choose an overseas partner of your own accord when requesting the board, what the board will do is see what sort of affiliation is technically possible between the two clubs.
hence why probably you have overseas partners where in you have the first right of refusal on any player, ie, if any bid is made for any player at that club, your offer for an equivalent shall be accepted and preferred.

Barcelona and Santos have this arrangement after the Neymar transfer, Liverpool have the same with that Uruguayan club Coates came from..

hope this helps.

If you want an affiliate to get your players through the WP issue, you will never find a partner club from Brazil, or any country in South America, or North America, or Africa, or Asia!

anywhere but Europe, and the partnership can't be an affiliate to get your players through the WP trouble.

Bulgaria, Belgium, Holland, Belarus, Croatia are some of the nations where in you will find a feeder club to send your players to gain a work permit.
The work permit means an EU nationality when you are managing a club in England specifically.

If you are opting to choose an overseas partner of your own accord when requesting the board, what the board will do is see what sort of affiliation is technically possible between the two clubs.
hence why probably you have overseas partners where in you have the first right of refusal on any player, ie, if any bid is made for any player at that club, your offer for an equivalent shall be accepted and preferred.

Barcelona and Santos have this arrangement after the Neymar transfer, Liverpool have the same with that Uruguayan club Coates came from..

hope this helps.

Ahh right, this makes sense. Seems obvious now, as sending a player to get a work permit to a non-eu club wouldn't work. It's annoying though, as I am not actually wanting them to get work permits, but to just send them on loan.

This is why I am confused as to why it didn't work when I selected a Brazilian club as just an affiliate to send players on loan to (not for work permits).

I shall try an EU club next time it becomes available to select and let you know what happens.

Cheers!

best bet is let the board pick the club options for you, and you decide the one from the 3-4 clubs they narrow down to.

best bet is let the board pick the club options for you, and you decide the one from the 3-4 clubs they narrow down to.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I may try this then, the only thing is it's annoying when things don't go to plan as it takes 6months(ish) for another request! [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Out of curiosity, what teams do you find most beneficial to have as an affiliate to send top youth players on loan to for growth? Obviously it depends on the players ability but I'm talking players decent enough for most prem teams. Most of mine reject 3 and a half * teams, so I'm thinking maybe a top European 4* team, maybe in Russia. [/COLOR]

Letting the club pick is the worst ever, they regularly come back with teams in like 5th tier of Spanish football.. What's the f-ing point.

Back