Agüro: wages problem

• Thread starter Thread starter pijlman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 841

pijlman

I made a mistake :-)

I am real and was offered Agüro, so I bought him in the second season.
as always, money no problem with real but the wages... that was a huge problem.

he asked 300K euro a week. Couldn't give that so he asked 30% increase every year.
wouldn't give that and gave him 15%

but yesterday I realised, by the end of his contract, he'll be making +- € 500k a week.

should I sell him? money is not the issue but no man is worth over 24 million euro a year.
plus all the bonuses, that makes over 27 million a year.

I made a mistake :-)

I am real and was offered Agüro, so I bought him in the second season.
as always, money no problem with real but the wages... that was a huge problem.

he asked 300K euro a week. Couldn't give that so he asked 30% increase every year.
wouldn't give that and gave him 15%

but yesterday I realised, by the end of his contract, he'll be making +- € 500k a week.

should I sell him? money is not the issue but no man is worth over 24 million euro a year.
plus all the bonuses, that makes over 27 million a year.

The wages & agent fees seem to kill the game a bit. I get that a lot too, even with young wonderkids who still have to prove themselves. Players always demand new contracts way too often. I stand my ground when i negotiate terms, NO yearly salary raise, No match highest earner clause, then you should be safe long term.

I once did what you did only to notice later I was making a loss, I looked for a decent replacement before selling my player. In your case i suggest you do the very same as soon as possible because only few clubs will be able to sign Aguero with that wage & it keeps rising each year making it more difficult to sell him....

Back