aggressive and hard to beat

• Thread starter Thread starter scumdavid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

scumdavid

Reaction score
I am trying to think of not so much a specefic formation but more of ideas that would help to make a difficuilt aggressive and hard working team that are difficuilt to beat. I no this is something people try to achieve with teams thar are preparing for a relegation scrap but i am hoping to do this with a top team.

yes your right I am not trying to find a barcelona or total football tactic i want a gritty hard working and yes dirty team winning trophies XD

Any ideas of what kind of players would be ideal what team instructions etc etc would be greatly appreciated :)

I don't really know why you would want to do this but you woukd probably need a 5 man midfield, players good at heading, strength agression and high work rate for all positions. Small pitch, direct style of play, prob use a target man up front. Decision making a more important stat than creativity for your playmaker to insure no
Nonsense passing. Think thats about it.

1) get players with high aggression, determination, strength, heading, jumping (well all physical stats) teamwork, work rate and bravery are very important!

2) hard tackling, man marking, closing down and offside trap, no countering

3) rigid and attacking/control

4) shortish passing, normal tempo and a high defensive line

5) play wide and float crosses in to a large CF like: Necid, Llorente etc!

use an anchor man! 4-3-3 would be your best bet, have your two Cm's as Ball winner and box to box!

high closing down and use shouts like:

get stuck in, pump ball into box

agree with all of that except the short passing, would definitely go for direct play personally. Direct play leads to the ball staying up in the air more and so your players are more likely to keep possession if they're all strong and good at heading...

Play both Direct and short

if your useing wide players, let them play direct football and the Narrow players let them use Short passing.

this is very effective as wide players are normaly smaller and lack the heading jumping, so for them to be lumping the ball about, it just makes sence.

Do what mourhino did with chelsea's 3 man midfield: an anchor man, a ball winning mid and a box to box guy- with explosive wingers and a battering ram of a forward.

Do what mourhino did with chelsea's 3 man midfield: an anchor man, a ball winning mid and a box to box guy- with explosive wingers and a battering ram of a forward.

Yeah, this is à really good suggestion and is something than many users overlook, using the central Midfield for what it is. A brickwall that keeps the ball and does not allow the opponent to get throu them, along with one player that also is allowwd to burst forward. One big mean machine providing the wingers with opportunity to use their creativity and flair to win you those games 2-0. Every... Single... Match

Yeah, this is à really good suggestion and is something than many users overlook, using the central Midfield for what it is. A brickwall that keeps the ball and does not allow the opponent to get throu them, along with one player that also is allowwd to burst forward. One big mean machine providing the wingers with opportunity to use their creativity and flair to win you those games 2-0. Every... Single... Match

Back