aggressive attacker

• Thread starter Thread starter artal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

artal

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post so I think it's proper if I introduce myself. I'm 33 years old, I love football and recently i started to play fm 10 and fell in love.

I play 4-5-1 tactic (4 back, dmc, 2 cm, 2 amc or wingers and 1 striker) or maybe 4 3 3 not really sure, still a newbie :D

Now my problem is striker. He is regen, quite tall and good in jumping and heading so i play him as target man. But the thing is he often gets yellow and red cards. Sometimes direct red and sometimes 2 yellows.
Under mental attributes he has aggression 18. I wonder could that be reason with problems of getting booked.

I set his tackling at normal but he has only value 4 on tackling so I'm not sure should lowered it down.

I would appreciate any help from you guys couse I'm not sure what to do.
This player is awesome at playing with head (201 cm), always danger from corner...
But all those red cards are really annoying and big problem for game.

I thank you all for help

Interact with the player and check to see if there are any commands to curb his agressiveness.
Either way it's well worth having good strikers in the squad and if your able to, buy a good backup who will fit into your formation.

Thanks guys, I will try to train him to stay on his feat during tackles. I already fined him allot and it didn't helped at all.
I hope this will help some but what worries me is his low tackling and high aggression ratings.

Well lets train him to stay on his feat and hope for the best.

Thanks for fast response

Also, it might help to make him close the ball down less, then there's less chance he'll get drawn into a tackle. (This won't be useful if you play a high pressure tactic though)

tackling- easy
closing down- own area

this should help a lot..

you need a striker to close down the whole pitch. so let him close down the whole pitch. but put his tackling to easy. that should do it.

Interact with him,i belive you can say something to him which would make him less Aggressive

Thanks for tips guys. I put his tackles to easy and trained him not to dive into tackles.
But i still have him closing down whole pitch because i like to press opponent defenders.

Result so far is no red cards but allot of yellows.

Well i guess his poor tackling and high aggression is not best combination, but i will have to get used to it.

This is why I hate having Cattermole...

So many red cards.

i want cattermole, i'd love a player in them derby's to chop there best player, but they always want 30million, if any one has the Real time editor check out the players temprament and contovosy if there high hes bound to get booked.

Back