AHHH LOANS.... what a mess

mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
So, im sure you are all aware that the loan system in FM12 is a total disaster.

Two examples illustrate this point...

First: I am liverpool, it is july 28th, I am using LFCs newest update so I've got Borini and I want to get rid of Andy Carroll. NOBODY will buy him, even for $5 million US. Thats fine, he is overpaid and not good... So I think a loan would be great... I offered Andy Carroll for loan for nothing. No fee, no percentage of wages, even removed the "can be recalled" option and over and over and over again I get nobody wants to...

Most of the teams in the world would offer to take andy carroll on loan if he didint cost a single cent...

Second: I am Sheff Utd, july 2013 and i just got promoted to the premier league. Glenn Whelan, who has been fantastic both in League 1 and the championship, is not good enough for the side anymore, and i offer him up for sale. At this point he is only worth about 4 million US, so i offer at 200%. Start to get a ton of loan offers, ok... i dont want to loan him out, he is old and stupid, i want to get rid of him. So as a joke i counter any loan offer i get with an asking price for the loan set at the asking price for the sale, with no future fee.

NOTE: I offer my players up for sale initially, with the intent to only accept and inflate loan fees. It seems this is the only way to make this work.

They accept everytime. Often I can get MORE in loan fees than 200% of the players overall value. Try offering Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamalk out at arsenal. Bendtner gets me 16 million US everytime on loan and Chamakh can get me anywhere between 16 and 25 million US for a loan fee. Absolutely ridiculous.

The Carroll thing frustrates me, what am i going to do with his big ***? Just had to vent, ha.

Last edited:
for carroll you need to play him a bit, hope he does alright and then offer him at end of season when you get your initial budget, works for me

Outside of me forcing my players on loan to my feeder clubs, I have not had one of the dozens of players I've offered up for loan ever get any interest in 10 seasons. The AI in this game simply acts like you don't exist. It is probably related to the transfer problem I keep dwelling on. Not one offer for any of my transfer listed players in 10 years and not one sale for more than a 3rd of their value when offered out. Even for complete studs who led the league in scoring. The whole thing is completely broken.

Are you guys on the latest patch? I've not had anywhere near as bad experiences selling players since 12.2 (at least I noticed a difference).

Example: Cristaldo bought for 15mil Jan 2012. Sold July 2013 26.5mil after 50goals over 18months. That's studdish and I had little trouble selling him for close to 200% what I paid; he was worth 12mil when I offered him.

I often find it hard to get rid of mediocre players that don't play for me much, but that's realistic. No form for a team to decide on, could be rusty etc etc.

If you're using an outdated patch; it's probably that.

Must admit that first seasons are the worst for loaning out players. It is difficult to loan high end players out. I still struggle with lower players at times!!!!! SI need to sort it for 13.
Same with selling players on high wages mostly Man City players.

I'm just fed up of teams only offering the player's value like £5m for Vrsaljko when he's played in every match for me. Do they really think i'm going to sell him ffs?

I hate it when I have some awesome regen and no one wants to loan him

So, I only get the offers I am talking about when i offer them up to for sale, rather than loan.

From my carroll example and extensive experience, I almost never offer players for loan. They are either sold, offered for sale with the intent to only accept loan offers (which often come in), or farmed out to feeder clubs. Somehow as Liverpool just sent Suso, Sterling, and Danny Wilson to L1 portsmouth in 2012.

Back