• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Martin Jol turns down the chance to become Fulham manager and will stay in charge of Dutch club Ajax.

More...

who's going to want the job knowing that they wern't first/second/third choice. bad move by fulham making it so public imo.

who's going to want the job knowing that they wern't first/second/third choice. bad move by fulham making it so public imo.

Yeah but I think, they were as confident as almost everyone else was, that Jol was going to sign. I swear he actually said he wanted to manage Fulham the other week? This will come as a surprise to a lot of fans...

Sven will come methinks.

the Doncaster Manager, name i cant rember atm. but he is my bet

He did say he wanted to win trophies, which is why he joined Ajax.

Suprised nonetheless.

Think it's destined to be Sven's now.

Shame, would have liked to see him back in the PL.

Maybe he'll be back with us one day. :wub:

Said this to Jack via visitor messages but this is really bad form by Ajax and Jol. Shouldn't be dicking other clubs about to this extent.

Going from Ajax to Fulham is like going from Manchester United to Cardiff..

Said this to Jack via visitor messages but this is really bad form by Ajax and Jol. Shouldn't be dicking other clubs about to this extent.
effectively used fulham as a bargaining tool. expected more from someone like him

I doubt it was Fulham that made it public, we never make anything public. I'd imagine it was Jol's agent that made it public. Jol was just using us to improve his situation at Ajax, his intentions of joining were probably minimal.

And to Scott Sean O'Driscoll is the man your thinking of, he did play for us in the past but lacks experience in topflight. You don't know until you've tried though.

Going from Ajax to Fulham is like going from Manchester United to Cardiff..

I agree with the point but perhaps not the exact level you quoted.

Ajax are a far bigger club than Fulham and he did say he joined them from HSV to win trophies and play in the champions league, so why go back to what is effectivly another HSV?

A smart decision in the end.

Mark Hughes should have been the front runner from day one, the players and the style of football left by Roy suits him down to a t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back