Ajax: Returning Giants

• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
W

WeArePalace

Introduction
Hello and welcome to yet another FM save which I am doing. Firstly, I just wanted to say I hope it doesn't appear as if I'm doing too many threads, with 3 running at the moment. I'm just finding that I've got lots of spare time lately, and I'm really enjoying all of my Football Manager saves at the moment. As my other 2 are with clubs in lower divisions, I've decided to try one which will be over quicker as we try to make former European Giants Ajax back as one of the main forces in the Champions League. Hope you enjoy this one!
Squad Overview
In my opinion, this Ajax squad is at it's strongest since the past few years. The squad is really young and talented, with extremely promising talents in Frenkie De Jong and Matthijs De Ligt, notably the former sealed a January transfer in real life to Barcelona.
View attachment 19166
Goalkeepers - In terms of Goalkeepers at the club, the team looks pretty sorted with Andre Onana a very decent option. He's already my outright starting GK and can only get even better, he will be a key asset to the club. The back-up isn't too bad with Kostas Lamprou, who I think will be decent enough to play the back-up role.
Defenders - The defence also looks pretty solid, obviously the shining light is young prospect Matthijs De Ligt. Rasmus Nissen is also a very good prospect, who I have used before in last years' game with Bournemouth where he was very solid, and Tagliafico is a very decent LB. Also, I think I'll deploy Blind as a CB as that's his natural position and where I think we need him more.
Midfielders - Once again, the team is strong here. Hakim Ziyech is probably our star player at the moment, with De Jong looking to develop as well as Van de Beek. The midfield is pretty exciting and I honestly can't wait to get started.
Attackers - The attack and strikers in particular is probably the least exciting - but still strong. We lack quality out and out wingers, but Neres can fill in there for sure. Elsewhere, Dolberg is a quality striker, but with his 2.5 month injury, we might look to sign someone to fill in as Huntelaar is not my type of player at all.

Hello everyone, if anyone is online, could you please tell me whether you'd prefer a shorter Ajax save or a longer Mainz one. I was thinking Ajax but now I'm sort of leaning toward Mainz. I know I have started with Ajax but I'm considering changing, I'm not too sure. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks.

Or if anyone has any other ideas for me, please let me know!