Al Habsi appreciation.

• Thread starter Thread starter W4FC B3N
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 685

W4FC B3N

Reaction score
How can I put in to words just how good this fella is? The saves he pulled off for the camera on Sunday were pretty f**king special to say the least. In my possibly biased opinion, he's the best goalkeeper in the league at the moment and I'm pretty positive, if things keep going in the direction they are, we won't have the pleasure of him standing under our posts for much longer. He has picked up more man of the match awards than the rest of our players (at least he has according to the fans) which just goes to show how much he is needed at Wigan. I really do feel sorry for him because let's face it, Wigan will be playing Doncaster next season.

I'm going to update this every week with superlatives for this man and I'm positive, I won't have to miss one.

get-photo.asp

The lightning reaction save Al Habsi pulled off to deny a possible Wolves' 4th which even had their goalkeeper Hennessey and the Wolves fans applauding it.

Last edited:
Great idea, I'll be posting my Gomes Appreciation thread shortly ;)

Fantastic keeper. For me one of the best in the league and no disrespect to Wigan but he could play for a better side imo. If something happened to Cech that kept him out for the season I wouldnt mind seeing Al Habsi in a Chelsea kit ;).

There is no doubt that Al-Habsi is a world-class shot stopper.. He's proven it time and time again. However, the rest of his game is pretty poor.

He is a shot-stopper, and helps Wigan survive in some games, but can make awful mistakes in others.

And I doubt you'd be playing Doncaster next season, they look likely to go down to League 1

He reminds me of Shay Given when Newcastle used to have a **** defence.

Oman, not another thread about Al Habsi! ;)

Jokes aside, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League on his day but can be mistake-prone. Surprised he hasn't been given a chance sooner, and that he's not very well-known - in fact I remember him lingering in the reserves at Bolton. But there's no doubt he's a good keeper, and would be absolutely ace in the Championship (if you do get relegated, and I say if because Wigan do have a good chance of staying up - they have done it time and time again, and you have Martinez as manager).

But the best thing is...he looks like Darren Bent (no racist intended)! :D

He is undoubtedly a sensational keeper, and I think Bolton have let this one slip. Jaaskaleinen (sp?) has been awesome and Mr. Consistency however he is getting towards the end of his career and his ability is beginning to slip, Al-Habsi would have been a perfect replacement.

Back