alan dzagoev natural fitness and stamina

• Thread starter Thread starter megapicks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

megapicks

Reaction score
how do i improve this as he struggles to finish a games but he is constantly the best player on the field so i cant imaging how good he would be if he was fit so any help plz thanks

for me he is so poor away from home. i'm ac milan in 2013/2014 and i bought him for £23 million and I play him AM with Kaka and he played good in his first few games and now he is so poor.

so im assuming youve had him for a while now? 2 years maybe more? if hes not used to the physical demands of first team football (probably premiership football?) by now then im not sure what to do to tbh.

stamina can be improved by blasting him with intensive physical training, strength and aerobic. this is best done in the close season though as you risk burning him out or worse, injuries if hes playing matches as well as intensively training.

as far as natural fitness goes (and im happy to be corrected) im pretty sure it does what it says on the tin, its his natural level of fitness that cannot be changed much.

the only other tip i can offer up, is maybe look at how much demnad you are putting on him in matches? i assume hes youre AMC and therefore probably your playmaker. so he does a lot of work on and off the ball in terms of going forward and building attacks etc. how much are you asking him to do defensively? if its anything more than minimal duties then maybe have a think about getting youre fittest striker to track back more (ie like rooney in real life) and leave him further up the field. also a defensive midfield destroyer such as mascherano, essien, hargreaves etc patrolling around behind him and doing alot of running/tackling and hassling for him will help.

i could have a more in depth look at how to 'carry' him through the games by getting other players around him to help out if you tell me your first team squad and formations?

oooh chelsea, i really didnt expect that, not sure why lol.

ok tone his closing down slider down quite dramtically. this will stop him chasing unnecassrily in the oppositions half, from memory his pace isnt that great so he will be flogging himslef to get to the ball. besides essien will be much more effective at this job.

if you want to keep that formation to keep a tight shape in big games then thats cool. but may i suggest moving him to AMC and plonk essien as a CM or DM to patrol around and clean up any mess. (up to you, i personally dont like and AMC DMC 'diamond' shape as it leaves a big central hole. i much prefer a CM and an AMC) You seem to have have a very good back 4 and of course a great GK, so adopting a slightly less defensive midfield formation shouldnt be too much of a problem.

give it go for 4-5 matches, this will allow your players to adjust to the style of play slightly and see what happnes.

IMPORTANT. if you do move to an AMC-CM combo then dont have essien closing down over the whole pitch as good teams will pass it around until he is pulled out of position, then spring their attack.

hope this works!

Last edited:
Back