gingerbenn

Reaction score
Just need some advice regarding Aldershot, am currently on my 3rd season with them and tried alot of different tatics over the last few seasons.
But at very best I am still finishing about 16th or lower in the league.

I'm totally out of money, have massive res team and to top things off my strikers don't seem to score that often.

Any help would be greatful????
Could any recommend a simple powerful tatic for league 2 team like Aldershot?

Benn

I had the same problem with my newly promoted Eastbourne Boro team. First season in League 2, my record was: P9 W1 D2 L6 GF5 GA16 and was lying in 23rd place and had been knocked out of 2 cup competitions by League 2 teams. At that point, I changed my tactics to the BandsOfTwo442standard and since then my record has been: P17 W11 D2 L4 GF33 GA13 and has included 2 fabulous FA Cup victories both away to League 1 opponents. This tactic certainly works for me, maybe it can work for you if you haven't already tried it :D

Will give it a go

Cheers for advice will give it a go with the Standard Bandsoftwo tatic and
let you know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:46 PM ----------

BandsOfTwo442standard has been working to a degree for me, started using it and had a run of 10 games unbeaten not all of the games i won, few draws in there aswell.

Nursemorph,
Am just wondering if you have tweaked the tatics in away?
Benn

I won the league in my 1st season with Aldershot. Bought fleetwood from charlton for 6K

Cheers for advice will give it a go with the Standard Bandsoftwo tatic and
let you know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:46 PM ----------

BandsOfTwo442standard has been working to a degree for me, started using it and had a run of 10 games unbeaten not all of the games i won, few draws in there aswell.

Nursemorph,
Am just wondering if you have tweaked the tatics in away?
Benn

No, I kept the same tactics home and away. However, since then, my form over the next season and a half has been disappointing so I've tweaked it this season. I've moved the mentality to 2 notches over halfway toward attacking and got rid of the target man bit cos I don't have a decent target man. Before the change, I'd drawn the first 2 league games 1-1 and 0-0; since I've won all 3: 3-0, 1-0, 2-0