00derek00

Reaction score
Hi folks, so this is gonna be my first ever post here.
First off let's just say the tactic discussed in this post is strictly just an experiment for a laugh!

Some of the TOP managers in the world in the TOP clubs seem to have a tendency of overloading their midfields:
these clubs are simply STOCKPILING midfield talent (especially attacking-minded breeds)

Chelsea (Benitez, Mou: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB, Schurrle, Moses, Marin, Lampard, Ramires....)
Barcelona (Pep, Tito, Martino: Messi, Neymar, Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi, Sanchez, Pedro....)
Bayern Munich (Heynckes, Pep: Ribery, Robben, Muller, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Gotze, Shaqiri...)
Real Madrid (Mou, Ancelotti: Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Bale, Modric, Isco, Illaramendi...)
Man City (Mancini, Pellegrini: Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Toure, Rodwell, Milner, Barry, Fernandinho...)

And the saying goes:

If it's worth doing, it's worth OVER-DOING

The 10 Midfielder Tactic
(Plus one keeper)

(unprecedented in the history of football!)

Under the constrains of FM, I can field a maximum of 5 attacking-mids, and 3 center mids.
I'd skip the use of wide mid (MR/ML) simply because almost none of the above players adhere to that position.
Hence the last two men of the team will play as DM.
Looks a bit like this:
AML-AMCL-AMC-AMCR-AMR
(IF) - (AM) - (T) - (AM) - (IF)

MCL-MC-MCR
(DLP)-(BWM)-(AP)

DMCL-DMCR
(DM) - (A)

GK (Sweeper)

I know that this formation is totally unbalanced and lacks defensive protection.
Its not designed to be practical, but just to show an extreme case of our obsession of attacking possession football.

I have no idea how this tactic will work, but common sense tells me that a few of the key controls should be:
Fluid style
Attacking
Short Passing
Pressing
Zonal marking
Play offside

Any suggestions on tactics and players to build the best team? (no practical restrictions)

I would love a tactic like this a may try make one when I'm home

I can't even imagine how I would go about this :p massive hole behind the DM's unless you just played a really deep line and very defensive DM's I guess

i can see that this team will be extremely prone to long balls and counter attacks, even with a sweeper keeper

but that's exactly what makes this interesting! - can we an overwhelming share of possession and outscore opponents?

I tried a lot to do it but it's not consistent at all and you find yourself getting stupid goals..