Almunia for England

• Thread starter Thread starter lewis_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

lewis_p

Reaction score
Hey,

I am Man Utd/England manager, and I have just given Manuel Almunia his first cap for England as he hasnt played any internationals for Spain and has his British Citizen.

Is there any other good players out there that this happens a lot with?

Thanks

there's not many who have actually got a cap for england but there's plenty of players who are eligible, like Cudicini

Mikel Arteta irl but on the game he always gets capped

Almunia is actually trying to get a British Citizenship irl. I seen it in the paper about a year ago that he wanted to play for a country. He isnt my favourite but he's better than Robinson, James and Green

I know he could play for England, but i'm not too sure i'd want him to.. It's just not the same

In real life i hope he gets picked for England ahead of Green, James, Robinson, Carson

:O Why is he not in the England team, he's immense!?

He could have a oportunity with Spain but he is actually injured and the midfields of spanish team are very strong (Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Silva, Xabi Alonso, Senna...)

it happpened with Ever Banega on FM08 with me, he was in my club team and was grooming him for England.
was awesome!

i wunt pick him in real life im a beliver born in england play for england. but on comp if u r short of goiles pick him

I've never actually done this on FM no...

Don't think I could live with myself if I called up a Spaniard for my England team...

almunia will never get into the england team in real life because he isn't good enough

like Fabio sed,

Reporter: you going to give the arsenal keeper a callu up....

Fabio: he Spanish

In real life the likes of Almunia and Arteta would never be allowd to play for England because the home nations (England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales) all came to an agreement over 10 years ago that would not call up players from other countries. Scotland where thinking about calling up Nacho Novo until we found about that gentlemans agreement so your stuck with the likes of James and Robinson

In real life the likes of Almunia and Arteta would never be allowd to play for England because the home nations (England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales) all came to an agreement over 10 years ago that would not call up players from other countries. Scotland where thinking about calling up Nacho Novo until we found about that gentlemans agreement so your stuck with the likes of James and Robinson
almunia has said he wants to play for england so prehaps ur right and thats the reason why its never happend!

Back